Chionoandrophobia

Mercy use to liked playing in the snow and making  snowmen with her friends until that fateful year she stopped going outside and play when ever time it snowed.

     When she was six years old at the time, there was a new kid in the neighborhood. He was a tall, dark character as, the children would describe him. he made a few friends around neighborhood (mostly trouble making ones) and they would hang out and cause mischief for others that cross their path.

      One snowy day, Mercy was in the park with her friends having a snowball fight. Everyone were having fun and enjoying the fight, obvious to what waits them. In the snow, the mischief gang where hiding by a big tree by the fence entrance, in costumes dress up as  snowmen that looked like they came out of a horror movie. Waited for Mercy and her friends to come in their directions.

       When everyone was all tucker out from the fight, they finally decided to go back to their homes

       When everyone was all tucker out from the fight, they finally decided to go back to their homes. Started down the path towards where the big tree was. The gang perk up when they heard foot steps and chatter coming in their direction.

"Get ready guys." One whispered to the others.

      Just when Mercy took one step past the tree, she jump and shriek in terror nearly fell on the ground. The monstrous group jumped out their hiding spot and chased after Mercy and her friends.

      Everyone ran around in fright trying get away from the scary snowmen that were chasing them. Everyone managed to escape except Mercy, the snowmen kept chasing after her. When she every time she goes in the direction to the entrance of the fence someone would jump in front of her and scare her in another direction of the park. With her mind scathed in fear she ran fast as far her legs could take her. She kept running and running with the snowmen still on her tail but to come an abrupt halt when she reach the fence that fence in the park on the other side.

     To her horror, she turn around to go to another way until, the costume troublemakers caught her. They circled around her like vulture and she their prey.

"Roarrrrrr" One roared as loudly and scary as he could into Mercy's face. The rest just poke at her.

      Mercy sank down to her knees and covered her face from the fearful group; she became so frighten by them that she started to cry. The group stop what they were doing and looked down at her then at each other with worried glances.

"Hey...are you alr-" she cried even harder when one the snowmen tried to touch her. He shriek back his hand from the loud cry. 

      "Hey! Get away from her!" The group turned to see a boy running in their direction. It was one of Mercy's friends from before, he came back to save her until he realized she was not with them when they managed to escape the sudden attack. So as the boy got to them he started swing his arms around to frighten off the costume freaks. To his surprise it work, they started running away leaving the two alone in the park.

  He kneel down and hugged her and patted her small head to comfort her.

"Mercy, it alright they're gone you don't have to cry anymore" He said softly.

       Mercy look up at him with watery blue eyes and began crying again and shaking. He sighed hugging her tighter not to stop her from  crying but to try keep her warm as well. Being out here this long her small body was starting to lose body heat.

"Come on, let me take you home before you catch a cold" He said as he stood up still holding her. 

She sniffed and tried to move her frozen, tired legs.

Then on, she was afraid of snowmen.

One day, her friend that came to her rescue that year said enough was enough and that she had to learn to get rid of fear of snowmen.  Everyone miss having her around when it snow. They would make snow angels, snowball fights, even make snowmen. She was an great snowman builder and they miss that about her.

So, he went to Mercy's house and told her that he will help her conquer her fear of snowmen.

But, Mercy had her doubts.

He built a snowman with a big smile on its face but not a creepy one though.

"Alright Mercy, here's your snowman and I want you to walk up to it and touch it."

"I can't! I'm scared it will attack me again!" She cried.

"It won't, trust me. Just take baby steps." 

She looked terrified just looking at the thing,  she tried to take a step towards the snowman but, to step back and shrink on herself.

"I..I can't, I can't do it! It scares me too much!" She said.

Her friend sighed and walk towards her.

 "Here I'll help you" He said picking her up to her feet and have her face  and moved her up to the snowman. Before she make a break for it, he had hold her in place.

"Now, just close eyes" He said and Mercy whimpered but done what she was told.

"Now, take your hand and just poke it" very slowly, she hold out a shaky hand towards the makeshift snowman. She flinched when her hand touch something cold and soft. She wanted to open her eyes but kept them close shut. Feeling tense, she pull back her hand.

"It alright your doing fine, Try again and relax" He said.     

 Taking a shaky breath, she took her index finger and poked it again; going through its forehead. The coolness of the snow made her shiver a bit pulling back her hand immediately. Waiting for something to happen, she opened one eye to see if the snowman was going to get angry at her and attack for poking it but the snowman didn't move. She poked it again and still no movement. She opened both her eyes at it.

Feeling a bit brave, she look at her hand and rubbed it all across the snowman's face. Still, nothing happened. Now its face look like cyclops with no mouth. Out of no where she start to laugh. Her friend was startled by her act then laugh with her. She walked up  closer to snowman and picked up the rocks off the ground and place them on the snowman to make it smile again.   

"There much better" She smiled.

"I take it your not afraid of snowmen anymore?" Her friend asked.

"Nope and I feel so much better" She said happily. "Glad to here it. Want to make another with every else now?" He asked. "Yeah!" she replied exciting.

They head to the park to meet the other and started building the snowman until someone broke out a snowball fight and the poor snowman never got finished. Oh, well tomorrow is another day.