Chapter 63: Lisa's Confession

The sky was painted with every color when the clock hit twelve, bringing forward the first day of 3034. We watched the Copacabana firework show from the infinity pool in the terrace of the Fasano Hotel in Rio - one of the best views of the city.

Lisa's lips framed mine for the first time that year – the year that would come to be one of the biggest and best I had ever had, the last year of Jennie Kim as an actress – and I was filled with a blend of excitement, arousal and overwhelming happiness. Her arms wrapped around me so tight it felt like I was going to break, but I didn't mind, because that had been the best day I had had in weeks.

"Happy New Year." Lisa said, simply, with an air of a smile tugging at her lips, resting our foreheads together.

"Happy New Year, Ms. Princess." I replied.

I rested my head on her shoulder in a hug, and looked around at the friends we had brought with us.

At our left, Jisoo had her phone raised high as she filmed the firework show with such shine in her eyes she looked like a five year-old, Minseok was hugging her from behind, but instead of looking at the sky, his eyes were on her. He smiled as if she was the best show around.

Earlier that very night, as I walked in my Tabitha Simmons Chrystal white sandals to her and the other girls – all of which, like me, were dressed in white for the New Year – I asked about their resolutions, and Jisoo had been the first to smile broadly and raise her champagne flute in the air.

"Getting my new album out... and moving in with Minseok."

As a newly found believer in serious relationships and moving in with the love of your life, I had squealed so loudly and joyfully even I almost didn't recognize myself.

"We talked about in Christmas," she went on, "and... I think we're gonna do it."

"Good for you." I told her. "I recommend it."

"How did you become the relationship example?" she asked me, surprised, and I shrugged.

"Honestly, I'm just as surprised as you are."

I looked at Lisa, who now had her head raised as dhe watched the sky light up.

The truth was I had no idea when was it that I had become so open and whole, so absolutely okay with being in a serious relationship. I couldn't point out exactly when my fears had vanished, but I knew it was about the time she made her way into my heart. And I loved it.

"I'm so glad we came!" We heard Tzuyu's voice and I looked at where she was now hugging her husband, Jackson, who hugged her back, seeming calm for the first time since they arrived the day before.

I liked having them there – and, more importantly, I liked them. Off all of Lisa's friends, Wendy and Tzuyu were my favorite, and I liked having the chance to get to know Tzuyu better. We had invited Wendy and Guy, too, to spend New Year's with us, but they had plans already in America with Wendy's family.

Jackson and Tzuyu had been a little harder to convince, due to their two baby girls, Lisa's goddaughters, India and Zalie – names I couldn't have made up if I tried.

They hadn't been away from them for more than one day since they had been born, and though they were already toddlers, they didn't feel good about traveling so far for three days – the most of time we managed to get out of them. Finally, after Tzuyu's parents agreed to taking the girls, they agreed to come, and had even managed to have some fun on the previous day and on the thirty-first, when we had gone to the beach, and to sightsee.