Chapter 89: Dear Lisa

note: listen to the song above :)

-----

I could hear the roar of the crowd with the doors closed as we stood about to walk out into the Buckingham Palace balcony to greet the well-wishers who came to watch us get married. There was irregular excited shouting and chatter that, though far and muffled by the palace's thick walls, seemed louder to me than the one from inside the room – probably because I knew what it meant.

I knew the amount of news crews outside, filming and broadcasting all over the world in different languages – including mine. I knew there were thousands of people, most of whom had been standing in the streets for hours, some for days; some who had traveled across the world to be there. I knew the same people who watched my movies and TV shows in the past, the same teenagers that had made me cry with their dedication and love, were excitedly watching their televisions or online streams to make sure they wouldn't miss anything.

"Hi."

I turned to Lisa as she spoke, and smiled, immediately feeling a thousand times lighter, as that was the effect she had on me. "Hi." I replied.

"Your Royal Highnesses?" Edward called, wondering if we were ready. Unlike what had happened the first time, this time I noticed it. And it made my heart beat faster in my chest.

We smiled, and Edward signaled for the staffers at the doors, who opened them for us.

The sound was almost physical as the doors were opened and the crowds saw us. Lisa held my hand and guided me out as she had done last time we were there, for Trooping the Colour.

"Oh, wow." Lisa said. "It's completely full. Look at that!" she pointed at the far end of The Mall, which was taken over by people.

Prince Philip was right during Trooping the Colour; it was far more crowded now.

I was a mixture of so many feelings I wasn't sure in which one to focus. I was excited, ecstatic, happy. I was emotional, I was struggling against tears, I was a wreck.

I took deep breaths as we waved at the crowds, and Lisa leaned on.

"Everything okay?" she asked, resting her hand on my lower back.

"You're my wife." I smiled at her. "Everything's perfect."

She smiled at me for a long time. "Kiss me."

With her arm around my waist, she pulled me closer and I cupped her face with a hand right before we kissed, smiling widely for the longest time as we heard again the thunderous sound of cheering grow louder. I was blushing when we stepped back, and went back to waving trying to pretend nothing out of the ordinary happened.

From the doors, the kids were now told to come out to join us. They opened the side doors of the balcony as well, and our families and bridal party stepped out, joining us in the waving and marveling at the infinite crowd ahead taking over the horizon.

"I think there's a thousand!" Said Kidd.

"I think there's a million thousands!" George added.

"Yo, RJ." My brother called, and I looked back to see he was standing behind Lisa and me by the doors. When I looked, he faced the doors and raised his phone up, which had the camera opened on selfie mode, as I realized he was trying to take a selfie with Lisa and me in the background, plus all of the crowded Mall. "Smile."