Chapter Twelve: Flesh And Blood.

[Cody]

It has been about a week now.

No texts from Luca, or calls. Last time we talked he had told me something which had left me in suspicion. I felt as he got into something and I was not going to stay at home and become a worried mess.

'Today will be a stressful day, baby boy... I lo- I have to go.'

I never really went to his place, in fact, I have absolutely no idea where he even lives.

I checked my phone for the 12th time this morning.

Surprise surprise.

Nothing once again.

I let out a long sigh and ran a hand through my hair. I was at a loss really, He hasn't even answered my calls, which were a few since I didn't want to be a bother but this is going too far.

I know which world he lives in.

So I don't know if he got killed or if he completely deserted me.

I saw Onda enter the apartment from the corner of my eye and sent her a glance. I gave her a smile from my weird position on the couch.

Wait.

"Onda?" I sat up.

"Hmm?"

"Is Luca okay?" I frowned. How come she came here but Luca couldn't bother sending me a text.

"No. He's not. He doesn't want you worried but he also doesn't want you to find out he's drinking his days away. Give me a piece of paper and I'll write down his address for you"

What the fuck?

I didn't reply, just got up and quickly got a paper.

"Shelly isn't here by the way..." I mumbled watching her write down the address.

"I know, I came here to talk to you. Luca won't listen to anyone so i need you to snap him out of it, give him a good fuck or suck. Anything really"

I frowned, unease.

What the fuck happened?

"I'll go then," I said with a determined nod.

Onda pats my shoulders. Twice. And I was off.

-

I had stopped to buy some breakfast before coming here. It took me a long time and yet I still was not prepared to face what's headed my way.

The first thing I noticed was, some windows were broken, the second was the gate and the main door wasn't even locked so I had easy access.

Oh god.

Onda really didn't warn me about anything huh?

The house or well, villa, was a complete mess. Glass everywhere by broken windows, vases, anything sharp. Dining chairs scattered around.

"Luca?" I called out.

Nothing.

I walked up the stairs and tried again.

"Luca?"

Once again. Silence.

After I walked up three flights of stairs and back down to the backyard, I finally noticed a sign of life.

Luca was floating around in the pool, fully clothed with no shoes yet his socks remained on. I had known him for a few weeks, a month and a half to be precise.

Our story went by fast. I fell in love fast, everything just moved by way too fast.

And not once have i seen him this... this lifeless.

He was just looking up at the sky, floating around like a seal relaxing in the arctic.

"Luca?" I called out, watching his eyes widen and glancing up at me.

He swam to the edge, getting out of the pool with a stumble, a clear sign he was drunk.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, walking to me. Or so he thought he was actually walking to the left really. If i wasn't so worried and angry at him I would have laughed but I don't know what's going on anymore.

"What am I doing here? You haven't called in a full week, After calling me every day you suddenly stopped altogether. Of course, I'd be worried and try to find answers myself, Luca"

He sighed, rubbing at his temple.

I led him to a deck chair, a frown settling itself on my face when I sat him down only for him to end up falling down.

"What's Going on... and please don't lie to me" Luca looked away with a frown of his own.

"You know the thing i wanted to do... and then we could move somewhere else?" I gave a nod, I wasn't going to interrupt him. I want him to be truthful, his world is different from mine, very different and that's why I need the full truth.

He waited awhile. He was struggling to say it and the Luca I knew would never struggle this much just to say something.

"That thing involved killing someone. That someone escaped... and now I may never get the chance to have freedom again"

"But why would you need to kill him. All you have to do is move and he won't be able to track you down if you hide for a while"

"That someone is my father Cody. you don't know what type of man he is" I was shocked into silence. He wanted to kill his own father?

"I know it sounds horrible. My own flesh and blood right? Well, you don't know the shit i went through with him okay? So before you decide to leave just know that"

Luca's voice held a slight tremble to its tone.

I hugged him. I hugged him tightly. I wanted him to know that I was here for him.

"I couldn't do it Cody, and now our freedom just got taken away from us" He sighed.

"Listen. Let's eat first okay? We will take this challenge step by step Luca. don't stress too hard, if he escaped that means he's not willing to come back anytime soon"

I was talking out of my ass at this point. I just felt like I needed to tell him something to suit his worries.

He gave a nod.

[Authors Note]

The book is nearing its end and I don't know how to feel. I'm happy Its finally getting finished after 2 long years but I will miss it.

25/4/20

-Sinz