12 - Celebrations

Slowly, music started softly playing in the background. Millions of Prabiles had gathered for the celebratory dance in honour of the winner of the Prabilean Games.

"In honour of the champion of the Prabilean Games, His Majesty Harry Prabile the first will now present him with the trophy." the MC declared.

"Thank you, darling," Harry thanked his wife, Kathy as he took the microphone from her. "It is with great honour and pride that I present the 4052 Prabilean Games award to Blake Prabile, my firstborn and only son."

The 'dance floor' erupted in cheers of pride and congratulations. The crowd parted to reveal Blake dancing with a beaming Michelle.

"That's my cue." he murmured gently into her ear. He swiftly kissed Michelle on the lips and then he slowly walked through the pathway up to the stage, where Harry was standing.

"I'm so proud of you, my son." Harry cried, presenting him the award and then, foregoing the traditional handshake, went in for a bearhug.

Throughout the exchange, the dance floor was erupting with buzzing energy and joy at the award presentation.

"Let's get this party started!" Blake declared.

If it was even possible, the crowd cheered even louder than before. Charlie thought her eardrums were going to burst.

"May I have this dance?" Liam held out on hand.

"Of course," Charlie grinned, softly placing her hand in his as he led her into the center of the cave floor. "You guys have really made a place for yourselves, haven't you?"

Liam nodded. "It's something, alright." He surveyed the view, marvelling at the festivities. Being price and all, he usually had to sit out the celebrations and sit with all the other royals. Fortunately, Liam's taking care of Charlie was more important to Harry than Liam being bored to death with all the council talk.

Liam placed his free hand around her waist as she put a hand on his broad shoulder.

"I don't really know how to dance. I haven't had prom yet." Charlie said, blushing at her incompetence compared to everyone else.

"What's prom?" Liam asked.

"It's like a dance that your whole grade attends." Charlie explained, almost laughing at Liam's confusion.

"I see. Anyway, don't worry. All you have to do is follow me." Liam instructed.

"What a prince." Charlie teased, a small smile playing at her lips. Liam mirrored her expression, grinning back at her.

"What a champion." Liam shot back. "You do realise that you are everyone's champion?"

"I hadn't thought about it much. I didn't think of it like that. I was trying not to be too stressed. But... I don't know if this is what I'm meant to do. I'm just a regular 16-year-old girl. I'm not cut out for this. Like, why me? I've just been forced into this role and I have no idea why." Charlie blurted out, hoping no one was listening. Luckily, everyone was too engrossed with dancing.

"I think the same when I'm forced into my prince duties. But in the end, we gotta do what we gotta do. We are who we are for a reason, Charlie. All answers will come. Patience, Charlie. Personally, I think you are cut out to be a champion." Liam claimed.

"You know patience is not one of my virtues." Charlie rolled her eyes, tired of all the secrets and mystery.

"I know. That's why I like you so much - as a friend." Liam stated, catching himself before he said something he didn't mean. Or did he?

Charlie blushed.

They stared into each other's eyes, savouring the moment. After Charlie had saved the Prabiles and shit, who knew when she would see him again? Charlie closed her eyes, trying not to think of that.

"What's wrong?" Liam noticed her troubled expression. 

Charlie bit her lip bashfully. "I was just thinking about after everything is over... will I ever see you again?"

Liam grinned, surprised that she would think of him when it was all over. "I don't know," he answered truthfully. Charlie looked down in disappointment. "But, I will do everything I can to make sure it happens." Charlie smiled at him.

"I'd like that," she whispered.

"Me too," he replied.

The music suddenly quietened.

"Attention please," Kathy drew everyone's eyes to her beautiful face. "Now we are going to play a song chosen by Blake. It's called Perfect by Ed Sheeran." The crowd cheered. Apparently that was a people's favourite. Or everyone was merely trying to show support.

The song started playing, its rhythm drumming in Charlie's ears. They swayed to the music, living in the moment.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful. I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight." Liam sang, looking into Charlie's beautiful eyes and meaning every word.

Charlie grinned and rolled her eyes. "I didn't know you could sing!"

Liam shrugged. "It's not something I advertise, I guess. But you really do look perfect tonight." He quoted the song.

Charlie blushed. "Stop making me go red. It's hot enough down here." she groaned playfully.

"Never." he replied.

Charlie rolled her eyes. It was honestly unfair how cute he was.

"Hey, it's a lot better than what my brother's doing." Liam motioned to Jake, who was a couple of metres away. He was passionately kissing a brunette, their arms entangled in each others' hair.

"Should we say hi?" Charlie challenged.

"Ummm... I think I'll stay out of my brothers dating life. The less complicated, the better." he replied.

"Agreed." Charlie said, wide-eyed at Jake's passionate rendezvous.

Liam and Charlie looked at each other, then burst out laughing.

"I'm crying, oh my god." Charlie gasped between laughs.

"You should see your face right now!" Liam chuckled.

"Jerk." she jostled him, still grinning.

"Clown." he teased back.

They were oblivious to everyone else in the room, enjoying their moment.