Chapter 2: 2 Years Ago Pt 2

The work day had finally finished. We worked from nine in the morning, to five in the afternoon. The day wasn't that busy but we did get a fair amount of customers.

After discovering Trevor, Lewis and I lived in the same neighborhood, we decided to go home together. Neither of us had cars yet, so we just walked everywhere. It wasn't too for from the town.

"Did you two enjoy your first day?" Lewis asked as we walked.

Trevor laughed, "Do you know how hard it is trying to get people to go to a fucking record store? It's a dying industry man" he said looking ahead.

Lewis and I laughed, "I mean, even if we don't make a profit, we still get paid right?" I asked, they chuckled.

"Yeah, as long as the money coming in" Trevor smiled.

We continued walking, talking casually and joking around, until we got to Trevor's street.

"This is where I go, I guess I'll see you two tomorrow" he said as we slowed down. "Yeah" I said. He smiled waving at us as he started to walk away, Lewis waved back. We started walking again.

"So, how long do you plan on staying at the shop?" I asked Lewis.

"Mhmm," he said as if thinking about it, "There is a reptile business I'm trying to start. For that, I'm going need a bunch of stuff. Tanks, tank decorations, lamps, heatpads... just a lot of things. Once I have all that, I'll need to buy some animals. Take care of them, then hope people are interested in buying them from me. Once I get a steady income, then I will buy a designated location and start my reptile business" he told me, then nodded to himself.

I smiled, "I like that" I told him.

"How about you?" he asked me. I frowned. "I," I started, stretching out the I, "I don't know" I told him not able to come up with an answer.

"At all?" he asked me raising his brow. I shook my head no. He kept quiet and didn't say anything after that.

After a little I decided to continue. "I have very controlling parents. I've spent basically all my school years in all these extracurricular activities, doing great academically and it just all never seemed to satisfy my parents. They just wanted me to keep doing more, more and more! Like what the heck. I just realised that everything I was doing, I was doing it to please them. And you know what, as of right now, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with my life. I just hope being at the shop will inspire me somehow... I don't know. Surely something will come my way" I spat out.

Lewis chuckled, "So you were just like, nope, I'm not going to college? How did they react?" he asked. I smiled, "Oh, they were pissed" I told him.

"They are pissed. They loved bragging with me. Oh, perfect grades, perfect this, perfect that," I laughed thinking about my hair, "The last day of school, I didn't go home. Went to a hairdresser, and got my hair coloured. They freaked out as soon as I walked in the house. I swear if my brother wasn't there that day, they would have kicked me out or something" I chuckled. "You're bad" Lewis commented smiling.

I frowned as we walked toward my house. "How far is your place from here?" I asked him. "Down that steeet" he said pointing to the upcoming street. I nodded.