Until you , his and hers Part 3

Chapter 11

Charlie

Having dinner with Mia, Mum and my Uncle who is the spitting image of my abusive dad; it's a weird situation. I feel so on edge being in this house but I know how important it is to Mia to be involved in this part of my life. After dinner we are all talking in the living room, I notice Mum and Colin keep looking at each other like they are wanting to tell me something. "What's going on?" I say to them.

"Errm Colin and I are moving in together," Mum says while smiling at Colin.

I can't believe what I'm hearing my Mum and Uncle are moving in together!

"What?" I ask, my voice a little shaky.

Mia puts her hand on my leg and I smile at her knowing she will always be there for me.

"Colin and I have decided we want to live together having a complete fresh start, therefore we have been considering the idea of moving to Nottingham to be closer to you." Mum says.

I can feel my heart begin to race.

"No!" I shout out.

"No? What?" Mum asks.

"You are not moving to Nottingham with him ... You, can Mum .. but not him.

"I'm not having him in Nottingham where my life is." I snap, now I'm angry.

Colin turns to me...

"Charlie, I'm not him, I'm sorry that I look like him unfortunately I cannot help that. I will never hurt you or your Mum. Last month you showed me that you can fend for yourself. I understand that this whole situation is probably very hard for you, but know that I love your Mum very much and we want to live together in our own house somewhere. And we would like to be closer to you, Your my family too Charlie and we both love you."

As I'm just about to speak, when Mia says something.

"That's great you guys, I'm happy for you."

Mia's the best thing in my life and I know she will be there for me no matter what, I get that Mum has her own mind and will do whatever she wants, no matter how I feel about it all. I love her and I do want her to be happy.

I look at them both, I nod and then smile. Colin is not my dad and it's not his fault that he looks exactly like the man I have so much hate for. It's so hard for me mentally, but I do want my Mum to be happy.

"What part of Nottingham are you thinking of?" Mia asks.

"Where do u live?" Mum asked Mia.

"I live in Hucknall."

"Is it nice there?"

"Yer I love it, though I think we may be the noisiest people in the neighbourhood."

I smiled at Mia thinking they definitely throw some good parties there, but then also think when I've been there alone with Mia, we can be pretty noisy too.

"Do you have a lot of parties Mia?" Colin asked Mia.

"Yer we've had a few already this year, we love having family get togethers and we recently celebrated my sisters 19th too." Mia tells them.

"Aw, do you just have the one sibling?"

"I have a brother on my dad's side, he's recently come back in my life. He's the reason we came to London to meet with him and his Fiancé.

"Aww that's lovely, Congrats to them. You're my hope for grandchildren Mia." Mum said to Mia I see Mia's cheeks going red. Wow I feel uncomfortable now.