17

Dan's P.O.V

I woke up and touched my lips. I checked the time by my phone and I saw a letter. I decided to open it, since it was addressed to me. It was from Saphire. I quickly opened it, knowing she'd already left for Los Angeles, and this could quite possibly be the last thing I have to remember her by. As I read every single word she wrote, a few tears escaped my eyes. How could I not wait? I've loved this girl ever since me and Phil became best friends. I never told him this though, I just kinda acted strange around her. I still remember the day we first met.

*flashback*

I knocked on Phil's door since we had agreed to film a collab today. I heard footsteps come up to the door, and as the door opened I saw Phil's sister, for the first time. She had a lollipop in her mouth and a Nintendo in her hand. She was playing the legend of Zelda. She paused he game and looked up at me.

"Hi, you must be Dan. I'm Saphire, Phil's sister" she said, smiling politely. 
"Is Phil home?" I asked her. She quickly shook her head.

"He went grocery shopping with my mum, he shouldn't be long. Would you like to come in?" She asked as she moved aside so I could come in. I followed her into the living room, where she laid on the couch and continued to play Zelda while she sucked on the lollipop on her mouth. We sat in silence, the only noise there was was from the game she was playing. "So you make videos as well?" She asked suddenly, making me jump.

"Yeah. We're actually going to film a video with Phil today." I explained. My heart was aching and I didn't know why at the time.

"What kind of videos do you make?" She said.

"Well, I make vlogs that are kind of like sketches"  I said. She simply nodded. I looked at her concentrate on the game. Her eyes were so focused.

"Dan? Would you like to see my room?" She asked.

"What?" I asked unsure of what the question was.

"Relax, it's not an invitation to have sex, I'm just tired of being in the living room. Besides, I have more games upstairs" she said as we started walking upstairs. There was treble clef on the door and when she'd opened it I was surprised to see a room with the Zelda trinity over the bed. She had a shelf that had the three original Pokemon Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. As I looked around the room, I saw a whole lot of geeky things. Beside her bed I saw a guitar and I guess I got curious.

"You play guitar?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yeah, but I'm not that good at it" She said, I could see that her cheeks got pink. I smiled to myself. 

"Can you play something for me?" I asked. She quickly shook her head. I guess she was shy. I didn't push it. We had an awkward silence.

"So, Phil tells me you play the piano" she stated. I nodded. 

"Yeah, but I still have to practice" I said. She smiled a bit. Her smile is beautiful.

"Can you play something for me?" she asked. I raised my eyebrow. 

"Do you have a piano?" I asked her. She nodded her head and walked over to her closet. She came out with an electric piano and the stand. She put it in front of me and I turned it on. I took a deep breath, 'Don't mess this up, Dan' I thought to myself as I started playing moonlight sonata. As I was playing I could feel her eyes on my hands as they swiftly moved across the keyboard. I stopped playing and I looked over at her. Her mouth was slightly open.

"You're really good" She said, sounding shocked.

"And that surprises you because?" I asked. She just laughed a bit. 

"Well, maybe because my brother said you're a huge procrastinator" she explained laying back on her bed. 

"He wouldn't be lying" I laughed. She sorta snorted when she laughed. She covered her mouth as if she were embarrased, but I found it adorable. We sorta just laid there in a comfortable silence. I looked around the room and saw a Skyrim poster, I looked back towards her and jumped when I heard her phone ring. She rolled her eyes as she answered.

"What the fuck do you want?" She said into the phone annoyed. "No... you're such an idiot!... You know exactly what you did... You cheated on me dumbass... No! Fuck you!" She talked as she hung up. I'm guessing that was her ex, and that she's single.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. Her face was extremely red. She looked towards me and relaxed a bit.

"I'm fine, sorry you had to see that" she said giving me a sympathetic look.
"No worries, I would've acted the same to be honest" I said. She looked at me with eyes of realization.

"YOU GO TO MY SCHOOL!" She said happily. I looked at her confused. "We have science together, I just don't participate" she explained. I nodded my head slowly... this is awkward.

"SAPHIRE! WE'RE HOME!" we heard from downstairs. She quickly ran downstairs and I followed after her. Ever since that day I couldn't seem to get her off my mind.

*end of flashback*

I was now crying. I love her so much and the fact that I may not see her got a whole makes my heart ache. Everything we've been through this whole week, it was so much fun. I'll always cherish the memories we had these past few months.