// Chapter One //

"Hey babe"

Lewis woke up to the soothing sound of Niall's accent. He was groggy and hung-over from the concert last night, hearing Niall's voice was nice.

"Hi Niall," smiled Lewis. "How did your day go?"

"It was fine, I missed you though. I'm assuming your show went well, right?"

"Yeah it was great, I had a lot of fun. I even covered a couple of your songs during the encore."

Niall giggled, then softly kissed Lewis on the forehead. Lewis grinned and leaned into it.

"Which songs, love?"

"My favorites of course, 'This Town' and 'Everywhere.'" whispered Lewis - his hand on Niall's cheek. Niall looked so innocent when he was with Lewis, especially in intimate moments such as this.

The two had only been dating since September, a little after they met for Niall's 26th birthday. Niall was with some of his friends from Mullingar, when Shawn Mendes and his friend, Lewis, walked up and behind him.

"Hey Nialler, what's up man?" peppily asked Shawn with a big grin on his face.

"Oh nothing much, just enjoying some Guinness with the lads. Whose your friend?"
answered Niall with an eyebrow raised. He looked Lewis up and down, unimpressed in his style. Lewis on the other hand was completely enamored by Niall. He kept spacing out and thinking in his head, "Damn, that's really the Niall Horan. He's literally so perfect-"

"Do you talk?" Niall snapped towards Lewis, annoyed.

"Leave him alone Niall, he loves your stuff!" laughed Shawn as he walked off to catch up with some of the other guys in the area.

"Oh yeah- sorry.. I'm Lewis, Lewis Capaldi. You might've heard some of my stuff before." said Lewis in a quieter tone. He was embarrassed that Shawn threw him in the spotlight like that.

Niall saw that he was nervous. He turned around and got a beer for Lewis, then gestured it towards him. Lewis took it and thanked Niall under his breath.

"I'm Niall, Niall Horan. What have you got?" questioned Niall putting out his hand for Lewis to shake.

Lewis shook his hand then froze. He took a swig of the beer then answered with, "Uhhmmm, I guess I would say that Someone You Loved is probably my most well known piece."

Niall gawked. "You were the one who sang Someone You Loved? Dude, I love that song! You sounded amazing on the track!"

The two both stood there staring at each other in shock. Lewis couldn't believe the one and only Niall Horan knew who he was and loved one of his songs and Niall was amazed that he was face to face with the artist of one of his favorite late night ballads.
After a few seconds, Niall realized he was staring and looked down at his shoes. Lewis continued looking at Niall with a sweet smile on his face. Niall's Mullingar friends came back over and just watched the two. The three of them could just see the chemistry flowing between the two young men.

As the night passed, Lewis and Niall became closer and closer friends. As the party came to an end, Shawn came back by the boys, gesturing for Lewis to come with him. Lewis nodded then turned to the drunken Irishman.

"Niall, I-I- hafta get going. How can I contact you, for future projects and stuff?" asked Lewis in a slurred tone. He was obviously wasted too.

"Go? No, you're staying the night. C'mon love, let me take you to the couch."

Niall took Lewis' hand and dragged him inside, pushing him onto the couch in a playful, flirtatious way.

The rest was pretty inevitable after that.