But I Can Reassure You,

That night, Firey had noticed he'd forgot his fireproof berries again, those berries that were grown by magnificent Loser. And that comes to his mind, where is Loser? Firey—curious as he is— took the shortcut of the portal, leading him to where it all started. In front of him was someone, a certain someone he'd been avoiding, looking down into the depths of their death. Firey didn't know what happened, or what he just did. His body moved without thought— as if he was on adrenaline.

He grabbed that object's arm, pulling them back up into the soft bouncy grass. Leafy's light weight body made it so much easier for Firey to save her. Though he thought this was their moment to finally talk— alone —a rustle came from the bushes. Holding a book, was Loser. Firey ran away, hiding behind a rock, watching Loser approach the fallen leaf.

Their conversation mingled with Firey's silence, every moment following them hurt his toes, knowing that Leafy was under the impression of being saved by Loser, despite that's not the truth.

It's better that way.

  Firey's idolization for Loser never ended, despite all he saw tonight. Even when Loser had been seeing someone he'd love so much. It was fine. After all, Loser never said he was the one who saved Leafy, so all is good.

  The party on Dream Island continued throughout the night, everyone getting tired as the hour passes by. Firey— however felt unsettled, scribbling tiny little stars in a piece of paper. Those stars reminded him of when the Announcer had chucked them into space due to budget cuts— that was his favorite moment.

  Because it was the very moment Leafy had asked him to be friends with her.