Chapter 4

Nash

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. To my left was a sleeping Jenna, her brown hair tousled from moving around in her slumber. She had came in my room around one in the morning and I could tell she was upset and worked up. I just held her until her fell asleep, and when Jenna's asleep, she's out cold.

"Morning," I told her, standing up to stretch out my body. As a few cracks were made, Jenna let out a quiet giggle.

"So what are you doing today?" She asked me, standing up now as well. She was wearing a baby blue oversized tee shirt from her old gymnastics team. Before the accident, she used to compete at a national level.

"Actually I was heading over to Cameron's house today," I said, pulling a fresh shirt out of my dresser. She just hmm-ed and sat back down on my bed.

"I'm getting changed just to let you know," I told her. She mumbled that she was going to take a shower.

I got changed and walked into the kitchen to grab myself a bowl of cereal. Cap'n Crunch to be exact. Breakfast is probably my favourite meal. Well I''m always the hungriest in the morning, so it kind of makes sense.

My thoughts drifted back to yesterday afternoon, when I had the guys over. Cameron must of met my sister, I mean he asked about her. There's no way they're becoming a thing. Cam's my friend, but I know how he doesn't always commit to a relationship. Jenna tells me that I need to stop being so overprotective, I know I am, but I'm just looking out for her. What brother wouldn't?

"Morning guys, sleep well?" My dad asks us. By now we were all seated at the dining room table. Jenna was on my right and Hayes was on my left.

"Of course I did!" Skylynn says, in a voice way too hyper for ten in the morning. We all laugh and continue to eat.

Breakfast wasn't anything special. Everyone just made what they wanted, but we all ate together at the table. Skylynn and Jenna had pop tarts, Dad was eating scrambled eggs, Mom was sipping on her coffee and eating some fruit, Hayes had some toast, and I was still eating my cereal.

"So what's everyone up to today?" My dad asks, setting his mug down on the table.

"I'm going to the movies," Hayes says, his mouth still somewhat full of toast.

"I'm taking Skylynn shopping with me today, we have to pick up dresses for my sister's wedding that's coming up soon," Mom adds.

"Great, while I'm at work you and Jenna will have brother sister bonding time, or whatever weird stuff you kids do nowadays," My dad tells me.

I don't want to tell him that I already have plans, and I definitely don't want to hurt Jenna's feelings by leaving her alone in the house for the day.

"I'm actually going to Cameron's house," I say admittedly.

"I'm fine here," Jenna says quietly beside me. She's done her pop tarts and is just sipping on her juice. My mom gives me a stern look from across the table.

"But you're coming too Jen," I say, putting my dishes away. "We're leaving in an hour."

"But-"

"No I'm serious Jen, they're okay guys and I don't want you to be alone all day," I tell her admittedly before heading to the bathroom to get ready.

I brush my teeth and put on some deodorant and cologne. When I emerge from my room, my mom is sitting on my bed looking around.

"Hey," I say, grabbing my phone from its charging station.

"Hey, listen I know it's hard to always be the good big brother you are, but I just wanted to say thank you for letting her go with you to hang out with your friends. She needs this though, it's not healthy for her to be cooped up in here for so long," My mother tells me with a sad smile.

"Hey, it's nothing okay. My friends get along with her just fine, and trust me, I really don't mind. Now go shop with Skylynn before she goes all sassy," I tell her. I know the accident has taken a pretty big toll on her.

"Okay, thank you Nash," She tells me before engulfing me in a hug. "We'll be back in a couple hours, call if you need anything." I nod and release her from the hug.

After Mom, Skylnn, Dad, and Hayes left, it was just Jenna and I.

"All set?" I ask her.

"Yeah," She tells me buckling up her seatbelt. It still amazes me how she can still manage to do everything that she does without her vision.

"Okay, let's get going," I say before turning the key and letting the engine roar to life. Next stop, Cameron's house.