Chapter 5

Jungkook had been avoiding Jimin lately. It's just that everytime he's around the latter, he gets butterflies in his stomach and weak in the knees. Sometimes he can't even refrain from staring too long at Jimin or stop himself from giving the gangster small touches, so he's made the brave decision to stay as far away from Jimin as he could, or in this case it's across the room.

The gang is currently at the training grounds, keeping in shape. Jungkook is sitting down, lifting weights while watching a very sexy Jimin doing squats in some very tight pink tights decorated with small black diamonds down the side and a white tee. Jungkook was literally drooling at the sight of the tights clinging to his toned legs and plump round booty. 

Jungkook jolts when he feels a soft hit on his back and turns to see Taehyung  sitting next to him. "Dude, how obvious can you be?" he asks laughing, his boxy smile on display.

Jungkook laughs nervously, "What are you talking about?".

Taehyung's face goes straight, like are you serious? "You're staring at Jimin the way you stare at food, you have to chill, man. It's really creepy" he says, chuckling.

"I'm trying to keep my distance. I don't wanna start anything I can't finish" Jungkook says as Taehyung gets up and starts lifting some weights.

"Why not, though? You clearly like him and he clearly likes you. I don't see the problem" Taehyung says, with a quizzical brow.

"Wait, hold up. You don't know if Jimin actually likes me, he could just want a fuck out of me. Besides he's like this to everyone with his naturally flirty personality" Jungkook shrugs his shoulders as he looks at Taehyung hopelessly.

Taehyung stops and puts his weights down on the floor, then proceeds to sit next to Jungkook again, "Jungkook, you don't know the effect you have on him. I've known Jimin for a long time now and he's never been this way with anyone. Everything he does around you is genuine, when he laughs, smiles, when he talks and what he says. A lot of the things he's told you are things that he only told me years after we met. It seems like he trusts you and I've never actually seen him as happy as he is with you" Taehyung finishes giving Jungkook a warm smile.

Jungkook has mixed feelings right now, his heart is bursting with joy at what Taehyung said, but at the same time his stomach was churning because the things Taehyung said didn't help his affection for Jimin go away, it just made it grow.

"Get your ass up and go talk to him" Taehyung said but then paused looking at Jimin's direction, "Oh, never mind. He's coming over here".

When Jungkook heard that, he started freaking out and wondered if he should run and hide, but it was too late. Jimin was already there.

"What are you two talking all serious about?" Jimin asks smiling sweetly at them.

Jungkook felt his body turn to jelly and mind go blank as he looked up at Jimin cluelessly. It's like his brain pushed all information out his ear, so that Jungkook was forced to just stare at Jimin. When Taehyung saw Jungkook failing miserably with his communication skills, he stepped in.

"We were actually talking about Jungkook's love life" Taehyung says.

"Oh, this is serious" Jimin says teasingly with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, seriously lame. His love life is like reading a Jane Austen novel" Taehyung says.

Jungkook was about to butt in because he was offended that Tae compared his love life to Jane Austen's novels, which was kinda true, but Jimin beat him to it.

"Well lucky for you I love Jane Austen books" Jimin says, smiling genuinely at Jungkook. 

"Really?" Jungkook asks surprised. Taehyung leaves silently, now that he's gotten Jungkook in the hoop. "But it's so innocent" he continues.