4 | Welcome, I guess

Third Persons POV:

The witches are in the mausoleum, talking amongst themselves with Kai and Hayley siting not far from them.

"We never got to finish talking you know." Kai started as he glances at Hayley who is sitting beside him, a small yet comfortable space between them.

Hayley only hummed in response.

"As I was saying before Klaus arrived, when we were dancing, I asked to tell me the things you've heard about my family, either good or bad, but let me tell you I was expecting the worse, of the worse. But you told me how you admired our eternal vow of "Always and Forever", it gave me hope that maybe, maybe there could be hope for someone to see us behind the monster façade that the supernatural community has gleefully painted us to be.

(flashback)

Kai Mikaelson had just arrived at the venue of the pageant, his eyes scanning the place for any sign of his Hybrid brother. Not long after, he sees him with Caroline Forbes, a girl from Mystic Falls who is the peeked the interest of his brother.

Walking to his brother, he heard Klaus, "They didn't waste any time, did they?", he questioned, looking at Tyler Lockwood and the girl he came with, hands locked together.

Caroline replied, "Let's just get today over with" annoyance evident in her voice, glancing at Klaus before walking away.

Klaus briefly turn to his younger brother with glint of mischief in his eyes, "Kai".

Kai softly laughed at his brother knowing all too well that he has something to do with the current situation, "Go on brother, don't waste your time on me, go get your girl" he teases Niklaus a slight smirk plastered on his face.

The older of the two originals opened his mouth to respond but decided otherwise, resorting to giving his brother a small nod and turning to where the Forbes girl.

~~~~~~~~~~

Not long after his brother left to follow Caroline, Kai saw Tyler Lockwood depart from their table, leaving his date behind. And as he turns to look at the girl, her gaze landed upon the original.

Their eyes met for the first time, sending unexplainable feelings to the two supernatural being. Confusion dawned on face while his face mirrored a surprised look. To them their staring at each other's eyes felt like hours but from the outside perspective, it was just a moment before the girl averted her gaze from the Original.

Kai decided to take it upon himself to approach the girl in red dress to introduce himself, that's if she doesn't already know about his legendary family drama.

He walked to girl who caught his attention stopping few feet away hand on the pocket of his fancy pants, "Hey, I thought I noticed your company leave the event, mind if I join you?" he asked.

"Who the hell are you?" the girl whose name is still unknow to Kai, barked.

"Kai" he introduced, "may I have the pleasure of your name? Or should I just sulk to my brother about talking to such beautiful girl with getting name?" he joked in hopes to lighten the atmosphere around him and the girl and slightly offering his hand for a handshake.

The girl contemplated for a moment, eyeing the extended arm of the male before giving in, "Well I could use some company, seeing as Tyler left", taking his hand into her own, she finally introduced herself, "I'm Hayley Marshall."

"Sooo, is it just Kai or do you have a family name" Hayley inquired.

"I have one, quite the legend as lots of people may say, it's just, I don't think you'll still talk to after I tell you" Kai looked away as he answered Hayley's question.