Chapter xviii

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SHORT AND A DISSAPOINTMENT TO YOU ALL. THANK YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

"Today, the prosecution is going to present a testimony which was requested by one of the females sitting in the crowd," Seunghee says as she walks towards the center.

"Now, I'm calling upon Lee Naeun," She says making Mark's eyes go wide. 

Jeno notices how tense his muscles were and then he immediately places his hand on his shoulder while patting him. He then sends eye signals to Haechan who just shrugged.

After the lady took the oath, she looked around the room and stopped when she spotted Mark. She smiled at him making his blood boil with anger.

It wasn't that friendly smile, it was a mischievous smile. A smile that some would say is similar to the devil. It radiated evil energy.

"So, Lee-ssi, tell us more about yourself," Seunghee said breaking the tension in the air.

"I'm Lee Naeun, I run Nicholas. L," She says making few people gasp in astonishment.

"And I may have encountered the victim before his death," She says while checking out her nails.

Placing one leg on the other, she started off with a smile. 

"Well, the victim and my son, were very good friends, and he would always come over to play instruments, my son would also teach him how to play the acoustic guitar," She says as from the corner of her eye she looks at Mark.

"One specific day, my son told him, to take a house tour, while he cooks some ramen for them, so the victim did as he said and entered my office. I caught him red-handedly messing with my private files, and he also took pictures of them," She says making Seunghee nod.

"Then, I politely tell him off and told him to delete the picture, instead he just smiled and walked on me," 

"This made me very angry, so I made my son cut off ties, but my son refused and still met him every day," She says as she felt the strong gaze of Mark piercing through her soul.

"Then, one night, specifically 14th March, I called the victim to meet up near the Han River, and I confronted him and told him that he either deletes those pictures or things won't end up good for him, but he then flashed the same smile and said that I don't need to worry, after tonight, no one will know about this, leaving one," She says making Seunghee freeze on the spot.

"And then the next morning, the news of his death came," She says looking down.

Seunghee nods before thanking her and turning her heels. She then noticed Mark's intense stare at the witness which caused confusion to build up in her mind.

"Prosecution is done for now," She says bowing and walking away.

"Defense, you're up," Chenle says as Mark nods at him while walking towards the center.

"Mrs.Lee," He said as he stared at her.

"How would you describe the relationship of your son and the victim, Song Hansoo??" He says while crossing his arms.

"They were very close, almost acted like blood-related brothers and would always have each other back," She answered making him nod.

"And why were you so eager to make him delete those specific files photo??" He said making her frown a bit as she gulped.

"Cause, they were private and the information should not be disclosed to anyone, not even my son knows about it," She says.

"Last question," He says as he steps closer to her.

"What was in those files??" He says making her clear her throat.

"I can't disclose that," She says looking away.

"Okay, then I will," Mark says making her widened her eyes.

He then takes a black USB drive from his pocket and gives it to Haechan, who takes in and plugs it in his compute before displaying all the contents of it. There were many folders with different names, one catching everyone's eyes.

'ChungMyeon High paid grades students,'

Multiple gasps were audible throughout the auditorium as people saw what was going on. Lists of names of students were displayed on the screen as Haechan scrolled down.

"You did Hansoo dirty, mom,"

______

A/N: This book is near its end