Scars That Never Fade: Pt.1

Before you start reading, this story contains MAJOR spoilers to the boss and ending of Luigi's Mansion 3. If you haven't played, or finished the game. I suggest you close out this story now. But if you don't mind still read at your own risk.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the story.

──────⊱◈◈◈⊰──────

"M-Mario! Slow down!"

"We can't Luigi! We have to get to her! Move faster!"

Luigi groaned in annoyance as he pinched the bridges of his nose. Then again, he was relieved he didn't change. The two brothers were making their way up the final floor, to the roof only because Mario said they had to. Luigi just wanted to get his brother back and be able to escape the Last Resort...but apparently King Boo had just one more person and Mario saw that person being taken, and their was nothing he could do about it as a work of art.

Move faster. It's not exactly easy moving fast when you have a machine that vacuums the dead and carries goo that's made from your DNA (with the scent of coffee) strapped to your back. It's just hard enough to even stand with the ghosts moving around in it. Regardless, Luigi knows his brother means well...even when he doesn't exactly think things through.

Mario was already moving up the stairs as Luigi was struggling to keep up with him. Mario may be heavier than him, but he can still run faster than him. He stopped for a second to give Luigi a chance to catch up, but that was just it...a second.

"C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! Luigi! Let's go! Keep up!" He said as Luigi wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"I-I'm trying...!" Luigi said, putting his hands on his knees for a moment to catch his breath. When he looked up he saw Mario jump over a huge gap with ease, but when he landed on the other side it went unstable and looked like it was going to fall. Mario kept saying "C'mon!" over and over again as he ran up more sets of stairs. Luigi stood up and he gulped nervously. He hooked the flashlight back onto the Poltergeist and he leaned back against the wall as he kept his eyes towards the ceiling. He began to move gently yet quickly as he muttered "Don't look down." repeatedly as he tried to make his way.

One of the bricks began to fall under his feet...causing him to look down. He let out a small yelp seeing the endless darkness underneath the stairs. If he were to fall...

Luigi shook his head trying to clear it from those thoughts before he could think them. This wasn't a time to be thinking about that. His brother and friends need him. He has to stay brave for them. He secretly made a promise-no...an oath that he would save Mario, Peach, or anyone else close to him in any way he could so he's going to keep that oath and he doesn't plan on breaking it any time soon. As soon as he made it to the other side, he sighed in relief as he put his hand on his chest.

"You good down there little bro?"

"!" Luigi looked up and he saw Mario was on the next set of stairs leaning over the bar staring down at him with a small look of worry on his face. Strange...he thought Mario would already be at the roof or into the next room already. Was Mario really waiting for him? Regardless, Luigi nodded his head.

"Y-Yeah! I'm-AH!" Luigi turned around when he heard the remaining bricks from the floor behind him fall. He looked up at Mario and just gave him the thumbs up, just to make it short and sweet. He waited a few more seconds as Luigi made his way up to him. Mario opened the door for him as they went into a small room as they made their way towards another door.

"This way." He opened the door as he ran out. Luigi took one last look behind himself and he closed his eyes.

"No turning back..." He then walked outside as he closed the door behind him, stepping out to the darkness to the past...and guilt.