Chapter 3

It's been a few days since the first practice run with Leo and we did a few more in farther locations with some objects in hand. Each time was successful. 

"Ok, class! I need you to get these signed by your parents by Thursday," Mr. Howley states handing out permission slip forms. "We are going to the local university here so you can use it's library. Hopefully, you all use this opportunity to find inspiration for your creative writing projects."

This is great! We can use this to get a colored print out of a place near the address of the protesters.

But then I realize a problem. "Uh, Mr. Howley?"

"Yes, Miss Heartfilia?"

"I don't live with my dad anymore. I live with Natsu."

"Then his parent's can sign it," he smiles.

"Mr. H. I don't live with my parent's either," Natsu tells him. "I moved out when I was 17."

"Oh," he frowns. "Well, this is a problem. Do you have any adults at all who is willing to sign it?"

"Nope," we answer together.

"Let me talk to the principle about this and I'll e-mail one of you about his answer."

We nod as the bell rings.

As we walk, I sigh. "I find it stupid that we can't sign it ourselves," I grumble. "I mean, we are legal adults by law."

"We just have to wait for a response and hope that we can go."

(I tried to see if a teen was emancipated could they sign their own form but I got nothing so I'm just going with the flow on this.)

We reach the bleachers and see everyone there but Clare. 

"Where's Clarissa?" I ask taking a seat at the top.

"She got dismissed last period," Levy answers before taking a bite out of her salad.

"Weird. She never gets dismissed early," I mumble to myself. 

"She looked kinda sick during last period," Levy says making me frown. 

"Let me call her." I pull out my phone and dial her number. 

"Hello," a raspy voice coughs.

"Clare?! Are you ok?"

"Not really. I felt really sick during last period so I asked mom if I could go home early," she hacks out. "Ugh, I feel like shit."

"Woah! What the hell happened between this morning and then? You sound like you've been sick for a while instead of less than an hour," I say in worry.

"I honestly don't know," I hear some shuffling in the background before I hear her thank her mom. "I'm gonna get some rest, Lucy. I'll see you when I get better."

"Alright," I sigh. "Feel better, ok? I'll come by in a few days to check on you."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and look at the others. "She sounds horrible. I just don't get how she could get so sick in just a few short hours."

"Want to see if I can sneak Wendy in to try and heal her," Natsu asks. "She might be able to do something about it since she's been practicing a lot."

"We shouldn't do that, Natsu," Gray sighs. "It could put Makarov in some deep shit with the higher ups."

"What if we can get her to live with one of us?" Juvia asks.