"How to love" ; wonhui + side minwon

"How great is this thing called love, even if it's painful and you get hurt, you still make it a point to search for it again."

- how to love, Day6

____

The sunny weather makes Wonwoo feel like he's about to die.

It's not like he particularly hates the warm breeze of the summer morning, he just doesn't feel like being all 'warm and fun' especially when he's having the worst time of his life. He stood up, went to the kitchen, and almost cursed when he found out he had little to no food left in store.

'Fuck this.' Wonwoo thought to himself, because no matter how much he denies it, his life turned around because of just some man. He can't deny how much impact his boyfriend - no, scratch that, ex-boyfriend had in his life. He can't deny that the reason why he doesn't have any food is because his ex was the one buying all of those for him. He can't deny that the reason why he dislikes summer is because it's the season when he broke up with him. He can't deny that he's not used to taking care of himself because he was always well taken care of.

Was. Because the person who used to take care of him already left.

Wonwoo grabbed his beanie and went out of his flat. He'll just have breakfast in a cafe nearby.

Besides the fact that he's not that talented in cooking, his ex used to cook for him all the time ---

'Stop thinking about him.' Wonwoo thought. He's tired of always relating every single thing he does to him, he just wants to forget and get over it.

But he just can't, and it frustrates him. It frustrates him that everything in his life reminded him of Mingyu. It frustrates him that his ex played a big part in his life for a long time. It frustrates him that he's still hung up on his last love.

And it frustrates him even more that he's still craving for the butterflies he had in his stomach whenever Mingyu's beside him. It frustrates him so much that he's still craving for that kind of love.

"Wonwoo?"

He looked up. The guy at the counter is smiling at him.

"What are you doing here?"

It's Junhui. His seatmate from Physics class, and he's working at the cafe Wonwoo went to.

Wonwoo smiled, "I was just about to eat breakfast."

Junhui looked surprised, "I didn't know you preferred to eat outside for breakfast?"

And then, the memory washed over him.

Junhui was just new in the area, and he encountered Wonwoo in the university while he's having a tantrum in front of a vending machine. Wonwoo's supposed to get colas for both him and Mingyu but the vending machine just wasn't working.

"Stupid. vending. machine." Wonwoo said as he hit the vending machine with his hands. "I fucking lost cents, ugh."

Just great.

"Colas? Really? This early?"

Wonwoo turned his head to the direction of the voice, and there he saw the new kid in his Physics class, his seatmate, apparently. He fought the urge to roll his eyes, they barely talked and now this man is judging his choice of food? Not like it's really his choice, it's Mingyu's.