Chapter Two

Chapter Two

So yeah, Cooper and I have superpowers. And not the Marvel comic super heroes with lame powers who either got there powers by genetic experiments or coming from planets outside of the galaxy. No, we were born with these abilities, but they only started showing around the time we both hit age 11. That was five years ago. Not a lot of time to train ourselves when hardly anyone knew of our secret.

Anyway, amongst our little group of freaky teens is my other best friend Bethany. Did you catch what Cooper said earlier about Bethany flying in? Well Bethany was gifted with the extraordinary ability to fly at super sonic speed, usually hitting around 250 miles per hour. Unlike the rest of us, she gets to save what her used to be gas money for shoes and clothes. If you look up Bethany Mclark in the dictionary, you would find a super cute, highly dressed up girl with a knack for purses and an unearthly appetite for meat. She has to eat a lot of protein and veggies to keep up her health, since she practically blows through it when flying. Never go to a public restaurant with Bethany or Cooper and expect a clean, quiet, civil meal from either of them.

Cooper is like a super charger. Not only can he channel electricity through his body, but depending on his emotions he can absorb and redirect lightning. Pretty cool when your in sticky situations, huh?

And that's where I come into play. I have the power to absorb other super humans abilities. But there's a catch. I can only keep one power at a time. So I kept Coopers power because I thought it would be more beneficial when I was too far from the tv and the remote was no where to be found. With a few bolts of electricity, I can power up any electronic or mechanical device. Some might say being able to fly is far better then controlling lightning. Lets see what happens when your stuck in a cage with barely enough room to move. How are you going to fly out of that situation?

Yeah we're an odd bunch, but that's what makes our friendship so much fun. All three of us are 16, but that's the only thing all of us have in common

Cooper is the wildest amongst us. Between his fiery red hair, stocky build, and hilarious personality, you can probably already assume that he was pretty popular. Try high school quarterback who has led his team to victory at every game this season and also has crazy good looks kind of popular. But don't ever call him a carrot top. Thats a lesson to be learned by all of us. The best part about him is his warm, dark brown eyes. It's kind of sappy, but you can practically melt into them if you wanted.

Bethany is more of a free spirit. Nothing can restrain her from doing what she wants. She has light brown hair and aqua blue eyes that you can easily read her emotions from. She always has on the cutest outfits, accessories and all. If I could steal her entire closet I would. There are more shoes in there then there are in the South Brooke Mall. Bethany has the sweetest personality, but don't get on her bad side unless you strongly want a good beat down.

Last but not least is me, Delilah Channers. I never really thought much about my appearance. Yes I wear make-up and care if my clothes match, but I don't care what others think about how I look. I usually wear my blond hair down and a little bit of mascara and eye linear around my green eyes. That's about it.

So that's us. We look pretty normal and act pretty normal, all except from the fact about our powers.

**********

As Cooper and I walked back to our neighborhood we exchanged small talk, mostly about Bethany's arrival. We both avoided talking about the water incident. It kind of freaked us both out a little bit, but not enough to ruin our mood for the following day.

"So how are we going to explain Bethany's absence from school to the teachers?" I asked Cooper. Bethany had taken a personal vacation for herself to go visit her grandmother in the southern part of Georgia for three weeks. It wasn't too hard to keep her grandma from knowing about Bethany's secret. She suffered from short periods of schizophrenia in which she imagined that everything around her was flying around in the sky. She needed a lot of care from others, which was perfect for Bethany.

"She'll probably make some random excuse up," replied Cooper. "Besides, I was thinking we could ditch school tomorrow and go to the festival. It's going to be here until Thursday."

"Ditch? Does that sound like something I would do?" I smiled at him. "And don't you think Bethany will want to spend a little bit of time with her family? She's going to be worn out from her flight." Cooper stopped walking and turned towards me,"Quit being a stick in the mud. You need to loosen up more. Besides, it's only for one day and it will be a great surprise for Bethany," he said.

"Nah, I don't think it will be smart," I responded. "Please!!!!????" he begged, giving me his puppy dog eyes. Avoid eye contact, I thought, don't give in to the pressure. It was too late. I had already looked at him and fallen prey to his adorableness. "Fine, whatever. But your paying," I glared at him. "Woo!!!!!! Del's finally turned to the dark side!" cheered Cooper. "But if I'm paying, we're all going to have to eat off a $5.68 budget." Yeah, like Cooper could live off $5.68, not to mention Bethany and me. But sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Boy would I come to regret that.