Disclaimer

The Root

"It all began with a curse," Professor Mida paused for awhile as she read the book of Origin of Vampires written by a famous literature writer.

Her footsteps sounds like power as she roams around the corner of the room. Everyone in the class is attentive with every words that comes after her lips. She's a woman full of wisdom. I'd never like literature, but the voice in her as a story-teller will make you driven into it.

"There was a kingdom named after a royal family. Power, authority, and everything... name it and they have it all. It was a happy village then, not until the greed and betrayal between the members reigned. All of them wanted to own the throne."

"The King cursed them," nilapag niya ang aklat sa lamesa. "They were turned into vampire bats. And the only cure to that curse is a heartstone."

Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. Para akong nagpa-palpitate. Nag-jot down ako at nang mapabaling kay Professor Mida ay nakatingin na siya sa gawi ko.

"That heartstone is placed under the heart of the powerful witch daughter,"

×××

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.