What is Love?

...baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more. Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Hope you get better soon, ThunderBandito!

"What's your name? My name is Izanagi Kouta! And that's my best friend Trickster the Gastly!" "I don't have one." "How about I call you Klinglet? It suits you because your rings are so pretty!" "Don't leave me alone …. please! I don't want to be alone again!" "I…"

Purple slit eyes opened in a panic. Izanagi let out harsh deep breaths before looking around at her surroundings. It was early sunrise and she appeared to be in a simple bedroom, a guest room of sorts. Her bag laid on the table along with her normal outfit completely clean alongside the guard outfit she used.

The greenette looked down to see she was wearing a simple pajama set but the bra and panties she was wearing yesterday were still on and left untouched. 'Someone must have slipped me into this.' Being her only thought upon noticing the weight on her side. Her eyes' pupils returned to rings as she looked down to see a little Knack eyeing her groggily on the bed. She must've woke him up. Wait...

"Were you... with me the whole night? Do you know who changed my clothes while I was asleep?" Izanagi asked her little stone friend. Knack quickly looked away almost if embarrassed but his reaction answered her question. "Thank you Knack. I guess us being here means your friends are safe now." The golem nodding his head. "You are such a sweetheart. I'm going to take a shower and fix breakfast." She kissed his forehead much to his surprise before walking off to find a shower.

His core heated up from the kiss. It always felt nice when she did it. Knack's thoughts drifted back to his conversation with the Doctor last night. The night he learned what was going on with him.

"Love?" Knack asked with a look of confusion. Doctor had requested for him to meet in his room before checking on Izanagi. "Yes, love. It means an intense feeling of deep affection. The emotion I felt when I was together with Charlotte, something that can be seen with couples and those married through happiness." Vargas explained softly to his living creation.

"Is that why I felt my chest orb heat up so much? Whenever she complimented me about my ears, fangs, nose and claws? How I was cute, adorable, handsome and that last one, sexy I think? Or when she kissed me that one time? Even when she called me her big ol' Muppet? And... what's with that look?" Knack had to stop himself mid-rant upon seeing the Doctor's expression.

The man had the biggest smile on his face and looked like he was trying not to chuckle. "That just ain't normal compliments, my dear creation. That's flirting, to behave as though attracted or to attract someone but in an amusing way than with serious intentions. She likes you Knack and you obviously like her too. It's the same way how Charlotte and I fell in love."

He didn't know to take this. "We aren't even the same species! I don't know how a relationship like that would work, Doctor. Or the fact we both are from two completely different worlds. What if she wants kids or something? Don't necessarily have the right parts. I want to make her happy." The Doctor kept up his smile despite the golem overthinking things. Knack displayed to him another new emotion, nervousness.

"Just try and see how things will go. You won't know for sure if you don't do something. And it will hurt if things are left unsaid. Just take your time, Knack. Everything will be alright. Now go see Izanagi and treat her right." Was the last words of their conversation.

His eyes flitted over to the sound of the shower running. Knack felt his chest orb heat up again. He really did love Izanagi, Knack was in love with a human from another world. This feeling despite how odd it was, didn't feel so wrong to him.