11: the end

trigger warning: suicide

"goodnight jisoo, if you have any questions or need anything, you know what to do." nurse jihyo said. jisoo nodded and closed his eyes, ready to sleep. jihyo turned off the light and left the room. he waited about ten minutes before he put his plan to action. he yanked his iv out and winced at the pain. he ignored the blood dripping out and took his oxygen line off.

jisoo slowly climbed out of the bed, making sure not to make any noice. he went to open the window and climbed onto the staircase, leading him to the rooftop. he hasn't breathed fresh air in seven months. it felt amazing for his lungs.

jihyo opened the door and placed his normal nightly glass of water.

"here you are- jisoo?!" jihyo shrieked. she saw the open window and felt her stomach drop. she hit the emergency button while panicking.

what seemed like hundreds of doctors and nurses bursted through the door, including all of jisoo's friends and jeonghan.

"he went up there!" jihyo yelled. everyone ran to the staircase and ran up to the rooftop. they arrived to see jisoo standing, facing the city.

"jisoo, don't!" a doctor yelled. he turned around and saw hundreds of people, staring at him. but most importantly, he saw jeonghan. he slowly started walking backwards, closer to the ledge. nurse jihyo pushed jeonghan forward so jisoo would see him.

jeonghan walked towards him with his arms out for jisoo to run into. and being jisoo, he did. with tears pouring out his eyes.

"i-i'm sorry. but i have to." was all jisoo whispered. jeonghan patted his head. he was gonna die soon anyway and he just wants to end his suffering. "let me die like this. i've done everything i wanted to." he sobbed. "you can even come with me!" he suggested, flashing a sad smile.

"no jisoo. let's just go back to sleep ok? it's getting-"

"NO. i've been waiting to die my entire life! it hurts! it really does!" he cried. it went silent. the hustle and bustle of the city was the only thing heard. jisoo pushed jeonghan away from him and ran to the edge. everyone's breath hitched as his toes dangled over.

"hong jisoo, stop!" the police called out. the whole police had to get involved? jeonghan thought. but jisoo just stood there. not a single movement. "slowly walk towards us." the officer called out. he turned around and sighed.

"i'm sorry everyone." was the last thing he said before he stepped back, falling off the building.

***

"21 year old, hong jisoo died last night at 21:35 o'clock. he was found dead on the sidewalk outside of the hospital. he had severe depression since he was away from friends and family in the hospital, causing him to commit suicide. many students at his university have made him a memorial in honour of him. he was supposed to graduate this year but suffered from a respiratory disease. he was told he was going to die nearly every day but he never did so, he took matters into his own hands. on this rainy morning, we remember you, hong jisoo."