Chapter Four

When I awoke, it took a few seconds for everything to register. The soft padding beneath me confused me further as I blinked through fuzzy vision. I was on a bed, the dark blanket beneath me familiar. My blanket? A dim light exposes very little of the room, the objects around me becoming increasingly familiar but the room I am in is strange. Cold, dark. Not a single window gave me a peak of the outside world.

      "Oh, no. No no no no no." I mutter, panic setting back into my chest as I throw my feet over the bed.

     The cool tile beneath my feet was just as cold as the air, chill bumps shimmying down my spine. I round a short corner and come into view of a set of wooden stairs, a dark purple door decorating the top. A way out! Quick thuds sounded as I made my up, blood pumping hard as I felt a small wave of dizziness. I felt light headed as I reached the door, crying out as I tried to twist the handle. Nothing. The cool steel didn't budge as I yanked on the metal.

      "Help! Help me! Is anybody out there? I'm locked down here, help!" I screamed, my balled fist colliding with the door in front of me, the sound deep as it echoed off the walls.

      My voice was raw by the time I gave up, finally accepting that nobody was on the other side and if they were, they wasn't going to help me. My throat ached and my hands bled from efforts, the bruising already starting to show. With a defeated cry I made my way back down the steps, tears burning my eyes. Without a second glance around the room I crawled under the warmth of the blanket on the bed, curling up into a ball as I pulled it over my head.

                   ***************************

      The gentle petting of my hair is what brought me out of my sleep, the calmness of the act confusing me for a few seconds in my sleepy state. A loud pop was made as my hand connected with theirs, the forcing knocking them away from me as I scramble back across the bed with my back firmly against the wall.

      "Who the fuck are you? Where am I? Why am I here?" I screech, my emotions raging as my eyes adjust to recognize my captor.

        Curly hair was pushed back by a bandanna, tied behind his head. Wide green eyes watch me as he raises his hands up in front of him, taking a step closer to the bed. It was the guy from work. What the fuck is going on?

      "Calm down, Natalie. Everything is okay, you are okay. You are safe here." He coos, how pics gentle and deep. His attempts were useless, anger starting to form in my belly. He took a step closer and I slowly got into a squatting position, ready to leap to the ground if provoked.

     "Safe?! You kidnapped me! I was safe in my own apartment, you fucking psycho!" I yell back at him, my fingers curling around a decorative pillow.

     "That's actually not true, do you know how many times I've walked through your apartment while you were asleep?" He objected, his eyebrows raised as if he had a point.

       "You've been stalking me?! Why?! Who even are you?" I ask, standing from my squatting position with the pillow in hand. I can feel the anger burning in the tips of my ears though fear pumped through my veins.

       "Just sit down and I'll explain everything." He said, his eyes glancing at my legs before meeting my glare.

      "Fuck you." I stared before I spat at him, the small bit of saliva that I could muster spattered across his mouth, his emerald eyes closing from instinct. As he stood there with his eyes closed, I could see a light dimly shining on the ground from around the corner. The door is open!
     His eyes fluttered open and they were dark. Much darker than the shining green from before, the soft sparkle gone. I watched wide eyed as he licked his lips, humming as if the act brought him pleasure. My stomach dropped as he lunged for my legs, a scream erupting as I slapped him in the face with the pillow. I narrowly escaped his wide embrace, my bare feet smacking against the hard floor as I ran for the stairs.
     I felt my heart leap with joy as I rounded the corner to see a light shining down from the top of the stairs. My feet pounded the wood as I hurriedly climbed, a shadow blocking the might causing me to slow my ascension.

      "Amelia? Oh my god, Amelia! Help! Help me! Please, some guy locked me down here." I cry out as I recognize the girl standing at the top of the stairs. Relief flooded my chest. How did she find me? Did she bring the police?

    "Run, he's right behind me!" I say, glancing over my shoulder as I felt the structure beneath me vibrate. A loud click was made and I was thrown back into shadows.

     "Wait, no! Amelia! Amelia, open the door! Open the fucking door! Amelia!" I threw my body against the door just as the lock slid into place, the metal scraping against the wooden door.
      Fresh tears ran down my face as I continued to beat on the door, my voice breaking from the strain on my vocal cords. My legs shook as I sank to step beneath me, my forehead resting on the door as I cried. Slow steps made their way up behind me before my wrists were grabbed tightly and yanked behind my back. Rope dig into my skin as he wraps it tight before pulling me to my feet. I'm pulled back down the steps and pushed onto the bed.

     "Lay on your stomach." He instructs, his arms crossed over his chest. I glare at him from my spot on the mattress, not moving.

     "I said lay. On. Your stomach." He repeats sternly with an eyebrow raised.

     "If I have to make you do it, I'm tying your feet too." He threatened when I didn't budge, uncrossing his arms as he sighs. He took a step towards me and I scrambled further onto the bed, struggling to stay balanced with my hands tied.

       "Have it your way." He muttered, quickly climbing onto the bed with me.
       I'm quickly over powered and onto my belly within seconds, his butt placed firmly on my back as he collects my kicking feet into his hands. I struggle as I felt the rope entrap my ankle together, rendering me completely helpless. My feet are yanked down to the mattress, my body sliding down the bed with ease. I twist around and see him tying the rope off to the iron footboard of the bed. What the fuck?
         I'm rolled back onto my stomach before my pants were yanked down, the cool air kissing the bare skin on my ass. I screamed and struggled, the worst thoughts running through my mind as I kicked against the tight rope.

      "I'm not going to do anything sexual to you." He voiced, causing me to look over at him with wide eyes, fear clear on my face.

      "At least not until you want me too." He added on, a smirk grabbing his lips as he walked to a wall, flipping a switch. The room bursts with light, revealing more of my surroundings. I didn't have time to look for long before they were shut back off, him coming back with a thin leather belt. What the fuck?

      "I was going to try to be nice. I was going to try to explain to you how everything happened and why you are here in a calm and adult manner. But since you won't sit down and listen like an adult, I'll treat you like the misbehaving child you've been acting like." He explained, bringing the two ends of the belt together, making a loop. Before I could process his words, he raised the belt and popped me across my ass.

{AN: Thank you for reading! Excuse the spelling errors, I'm writing from my phone. Please please please comment your thoughts, it gives me so much motivation to write and i definitely want to know what you guys think of the story so far. See you guys with the next update 😌}
-Madds