2|Mario

"Daddy, you realise it's, like, midnight, right?" I ask.

"What? Really? Already?" He says.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go catch some Z's. Good night."

"Good night."

"You should get some sleep, too. You have slept in like three days."

"I know. It's just, everytime I go sleep I have a nightmare about you know what."

"Daddy, stop dwelling on the past. 'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is gift, that is why it is called present'."

"Don't go Kung Fu Panda quote on me!"

"Just sayin'."

"Good night, Kung Fu Panda." Oh yeah  that's my nickname from my dad. Because once I pretended to Kung Fu kick him right after we watched Kung Fu Panda. He grab my foot and I fell backward and ever since I've had the nickname Kung Fu Panda

I walk up stairs and go to my room.

Instead of a three legged table it is this:

I change into my pajamas. I climb up the latter to get to my bed and try to go to sleep. But I can't. I get up and climb down the latter. I put in a Super Mario Bros. Super Show disc in my DVD player. I sit in one of my chairs. I open one of the drawers of my nightstand. I have been working on a Mario action figure that when you wind it up it scans the room for insects and if it finds any it smashes them. But the first few times I did it, it malfunctioned. Like once I left it when I went to school and I came back home and there was marks on the wall that I had to fix it without my dad finding out. When you wind it around a full time it will last an hour and if you want to shut it off before the time is up the is a button on his hat.

My door opens and my dad walks it. "I thought you were gonna go to sleep?"

"Couldn't get to sleep." I say.

"What are you doing?"

"Tinkering."

"You're just as bad as me. What are you making?"

I explain what it is.

"Interesting. Does it work?"

"It's malfunctioned a few times but I think I've got it this time." I wind it up once and put it on the ground. I scans the room the walks to the corner of the room and starts punching something. I walk over to it, there was a dead spider on the floor. "Good Mario." I throw the dead spider away and then shut Mario off. I walk back over to my dad, who is now sitting in one of my chairs. I sit in the other. "He works but he's just kinda loud."

"I can make him quieter."

"I can too, I just don't have the stuff to do it."

"Come down to the garage and fix him."