Preface

This work is purely fan fiction.

It is a heavy re-imagining of the Macross Saga.

As such, there are many notable differences in my re-imagining of the story that may please and displease readers, and some that may run counter to what is perceived as the essence of Macross.

For example, one of the most significant changes in this re-imagining is to the SDF-1. The vessel that I envisioned is non-transforming, significantly larger, and possessing capabilities that are not in the Macross lore.

Another significant change is the timeline and when the story takes place, as well as one of the prime locations.

This re-imagining also contains some of the ideas that I am presently exploring in my other novels, namely the Gun Princess Royale and Induran Company science-fiction series. The former is self-published on Amazon Kindle but I'm working on a massive revision that I hope to release early in 2022. Those works are not fan-fiction, but my creations.

With all this said, because of these and other liberties taken, this work is not truly Macross, but a re-imagining that hopes to retain many (but not all) of the core elements that made the series a fan favorite.

Once again, this is a work of fan fiction and is not intended for resale.

One could call it...a guilty pleasure.

I hope you enjoy it.