Chapter 3 |Bitter medicine|

The doctor seemed to have reached soon after that phone call.

After the check up, it turned out that there wasn't a major problem and she just fainted from exhaustion and shock. He had injected her with the right glucose that she needed at that moment to regain energy for the next day.

Advising Arnav to continue with the cold cloth and give her medication once she's awake, he made his way out having done his job.

Arnav heaved a sigh of relief, before resuming with what he was busy with, taking care of her.

A warm feeling settled in his heart seeing her all snuggled up in the bed. Her petite yet curvaceous form looked so tiny on his wide bed, making his lips curve.

This girl could bring out so many emotions in him, it was insane.

He felt his stomach grumble from hunger, he wanted to eat something but then he thought about her and how she too hadn't eaten probably since the morning. Resuming with pressing the cold cloth on her head, he shrugged off his hunger. But it was until he himself started feeling dizzy.

I can't fall sick in this situation.

Exactly! He couldn't afford to fall sick and let his sugar levels drop because there was an actual sick person who he had to take care of so throwing himself under the bus deliberately would just be stupid.

Why are your thoughts so weird and dramatic these days? Jeez!

Rolling his eyes at his own weird statements he went to his kitchen to see if he could find something. The fridge seemed empty but had a few condiments here and there. Openging the cupboards he was able to find some whole wheat crackers, nuts and some unsweetened granola bars. Thankfully they hadn't expired yet and still had a long way to go.

While filling his hungry stomach, it was after 10 minutes that he heard voices coming from his room.

"Khushi!" he whispered and made a run towards the room.

The sight broke his heart, yet again.

She was wildly thrashing in his bed mumbling things which he couldn't understand from a distance.

Marching his way towards her, he bent down and cupped her face in his hands.

"Khushi! Khushi! Listen to me sweetheart. Tum theek ho bilkul. You're safe here with me." He mumbled against her forehead, showering it with kisses.

"Amma, babuji, bohat andhera." (Mother, father, so much darkness)

These were the words she kept mumbling the whole while, breaking his heart.

She wasn't in her mind, she had no sense as of now. The doctor had told him that because her fever was so high, it affected her mind, which may make her act this way.

Poor baby! I'm so sorry!

Picking up the medicine that the doctor had given to her, he took out one tablet and poured some water in a glass.

Getting the medicine at her mouth level he said softly.

"Khushi dawayi khani hai. Munh kholo apna." (Khushi you need to eat this medicine. Open your mouth)

She mumbled some incoherent words, more like whines, and cradled more into his chest.

Chuckling softly, he wrapped her arms around her.

But giving her the medication was important so he unwrapped his arms from around her the next second and put the tablet in her mouth, about to give her some water.

Her eyes were drowsy and a bit shut, but the bitter taste had hit her tastebuds real quick.

Groaning at the bad taste, she threw the medication out of her mouth.

This girl is gonna kill me today.

She was so not in her senses. Her eyes were drowsy, she didn't even look at him, but kept throwing herself on him like a child in need of attention.

"Mhhhhmmm" she whined, not wanting to have the medicine.

Arnav couldn't help the giggle that escaped his mouth looking at her condition. She was such a needy mess when sick.

"Khushi baby, you have to eat the medicine. Phir tum jaldi sey theek ho jayo gi. Iss medicine ka bura taste jaldi khatam ho jaye ga. And if you eat the medicine I'll get you jalebi" he tried to make her give in, by promising the sweet treat she loved. (Then you'll recover faster. The bad taste of the medicine will soon go away once you eat it. And then when you've finished, I'll get you jalebi)

"Jalebi?" She asked with her eyes closed, still resting her head against his chest.

"Haan" (yeah)

"Ok!" And then she opened her mouth in an 'aahhh' telling him that he could put in the medicine. Grinning at this girl, he made her have the medicine, only to have her make disgusted faces.

He hadn't probably smiled so much lately, as he did right now.

Holding the glass of water to her mouth, he wiped the little droplet that escaped and was trailing down her chin.

Having the medicine, she slumped back into the bed, cuddling the fluffy cushion close to her.

Passing her a last look, he picked up the unnecessary things laying around and cleaned up.

Coming back he saw her toss and turn yet again.

What is up with this girl? He asked himself.

Really? Are YOU really asking that after having traumatized her severely today. A more sensible side of him replied.

She held a frown upon her adorable face with her lips formed in a luscious plump pout and her eyes shut.

Goodness gracious this girl.....

Walking to her side he asked her what the matter was. It wasn't like she was listening or fully understanding but still he was concerned.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he caressed her hair. And he didn't know why but he felt the urge to rain kisses on her sweet yet fiery face.

The temptation was high but he held himself back, till now.