Chapter 8

Once the sun had disappeared from the sky and the night brought the darkness, everyone became worried. Sitka knew that her parents slept half awake and they would know when she would leave the hut so she had to plan. 
    I will have kill them first before anyone else. Then, I will strike Beech and Liverwort then Sage and Pine. Sitka waited until her parents thought that she was asleep before she got out of bed. She slowly pulled her stone dagger as she approached her father.
    Sitka lunged at her father before he could spot her silhouette in the room. Her knife dug into the side of his neck. His eyes instantly opened with a scream. She could see her mother jump from her bed out of the corner of her eye. The knife was pulled from his wound and sliced his throat one last time. 
    “S-Sitka…,” her mother quivered. Sitka didn’t answer her mother and plunged to her in the same way. Birch was pinned to the ground by Sitka’s jaws. Birch tried to get away but Sitka was too strong. She did manage to leave a scratches on Sitka’s chest but not much to kill her.
    Her jaws released Birch. Sitka left the hut, her teeth and jaws bloody. Next, was Elm. Sitka quickly made a run for the bushes. An otter must have heard the noise and came to investigate. It was Pine’s father. Hm.
    She waited. He looked around, worried. Then, the otter darted from her hiding place. She ran as fast as she possibly could towards the brown otter. Her jaws sunk into his skin and pinned him to the ground. She pulled her jaws back which ripped a large chunk of flesh off his neck. He screamed as his blood poured from his neck wound. She threw the flesh to the side and left him there.that would be enough to kill him. 
    The genocidal otter made her way toward the large hut of Chief Elm. She walked past the large unlit bonfire pit and to the large stick woven hut he slept in. He must have heard all the noise. She could see his silhouette from inside the hut. 
“Chief Elm,” she stopped in front of his hut with a grin, “when were you planning to go to the EndlessLands?” 
“Sitka,” he looked confused as his face came into the moonlight, “you killed everyone?” 
“Yes I did,” her grin turned to firm bared teeth, “and I’m not stopping until all the blood is spilled… even mine.”
“But why are you killing us?” he asked. 
“For a love you wouldn’t understand!” she snapped, “you've probably never even felt love!”
Elm backed in the hut. Sitka hissed before hurtling towards him. When she was running, her knife had fallen onto the ground. The otter didn’t go to pick it up but just kept running. She landed on him in an awkward way. Elm screamed as something had cracked in his body. 
Her weight had broken his jaw when she had landed on him. She grabbed some rope from next to her. Sitka wrapped the rope tightly around his neck like she had done with Pineneedle. She tied it off and began to drag him into the center of the camp. She dropped the rope and let it choke him. The rope had choked Elm.
Now, it was time to kill Pine. He had spent the last few days in the forest so she guessed that was where he was. She made her way into the forest. The cedars towered over her, casting long and lanky shadows. The brambles grew around the path she was on. 
“Sitka,” a very firm voice called behind her. She turned to see Pine. 
“Oh, there you are, Pine,” she grinned, “I’ve been looking for you.”
“Of course you were,” he muttered with his teeth bared. 
“Now, Pine. Come here and I’ll make it quick. I know you're just dying to see Pineneedle,” she beckoned him to come. 
“No. I don’t want to see him until you die,” he hissed. 
“Oh, so you want a much longer and slower dead i see? Well this should be fun,” Sitka licked the blood off her claws. 
“Before I kill you Sitka, I have one question for you,” his muscles tensed. 
“Go ahead then, tell me before you spit blood out of your mouth,” Sitka continued licking the blood from her claws. 
“Why did you kill the tribe?” Pine asked. He was ready for her to strike at any moment. 
“Why did I? Well, I did it for Ridge. I couldn’t let his death go unpunished, so killing the tribe was what needed to be done,” she firmly explained.
“We trusted you, Sitka. I trust you and you took my brother away from me, you rabid rat,” Pine spat. 
“Oh, go to the Redlands, Pine,” she hissed, “now, it's time i shall reunite you with your brother.” She dabbed blood from on her paws and made three small dots under each eye. This symbolized war. 
    Pine hurdled as fast as he could run towards the crazy otter with his teeth bared. Sitka braced herself for his attack. Pine tackled her into the brambles. He raked her stomach, but not hard enough. She kicked him hard with her back legs. Pine tumbled out of brambles but quickly got back up. Sitka leapt out of brambles and tried to tackle him down but he had leapt out of the way. Sitka tumbled but quickly rose to her feet. 
    She hurdled toward him with her claws extended. She cut his shoulder but it wasn’t much. Her swatted his face, leaving a scratch across his cheek. He hissed before swiping the claws at her neck. Large gushing wound was torn across her neck. She screamed as she knew she was dying. I mustn’t give up. 
    Sitka raked her claws across his eyes. He jumped back as he was blinded by the scratch. The insane otter pulled her knife from her belt. She then drove it in the side of his neck. He screamed as he fell onto the floor. Finally, every otter was dead in the Achak tribe. 
    She then began running. Running somewhere but she didn’t know where. She just kept running. Running through the forest with her blood soaking her fur. I’m not insane, she assured herself, I’m not insane. I’m not insane. I’m not insane. I’m not insane. I’m not insane..
    Sitka finally collapsed in a clearing. I’m not insane. She grabbed a stick next to her. I’m not insane. Sitka then began to carve the word AKITAS in it. I’m not insane. I’m not insane. Too much of her blood had been spilt. Sitka was on her way to the Redlands.