Chapter #8 Naga, demon of Recoil

Princess Alisha walked through the doorway with her romance novel in hand. She sat down at the dining room table and placed the book in her lap. Her mother had greeted her with a smile as she sat. Her father, however, was distracted by a phone call he had taken on his cell phone. She could tell it was a serious call yet not too worrisome.

"Alright, thanks. And keep me posted." he said ending the call with a smile.

"Who was that?" the queen wondered.

"It was Raziel, he just called to inform me that everything seems to be going well. There were a few incidents, but everything is in order." The king's words brought comfort to the queen and princess. Alisha was pleased to hear her clumsy brother was safe and not screwing up the entire quest.

Meanwhile, everyone was back in the terrain dosser and already headed on their way to meet yet another of the seven chosen. Everybody was seated, including their newest passenger, Vincent. Seth, who was seated behind the royal mystic and prince, leaned forward from his seat and poked his head in the next row. "Excuse me, mystic?"

"What?" the mystic asked quickly back.

"I've been thinking, Raziel had told me that you said I was needed to help find out who was responsible for the attack against the royal family, right?"

"Yea!" the mystic shrugged.

"And you had requested the others to? Wraith, Vincent, and Cain?" he interrogated.

"Yes!" the royal mystic half turned in his seat to face Seth. "The magic doesn't lie!"

"Hm...," Seth thought for just a moment more. "It's interesting if you think about it."

Christian was still seated near the mystic and leaned over to join in on the huddle, "What's interesting?" he asked.

"The results of the mystic's magic. I used to be pretty good with'a sword back in my day, and the assassin uses a sword from what I've heard about him. And judging by his form and technique, Vincent apparently has been training with kendo sticks for near his whole life I'd say." the detective informed.

"Hey man, would you stop trying ta act like you know me!" the white-haired teen bitched.

Wraith leaned from his seat in the back, trying to hear the conversation as best he could while being handcuffed away from everyone else. "Hey!? Have you?" he quietly asked Vincent.

Vincent turned back, "What?"

"What the old guy said. You been training that long and stuff?" Wraith asked.

Vincent was annoyed with the personal interest, but answered anyways, "Yeah, pretty much."

"Hey! You said you used ta have'a sword with ya when you were in a gang!" Christian spouted in excitement as he exposed that truth about Wraith.

"Hm, it seems everybody's gotta tie to a sword of some kind." Seth revealed, finding the clues of this mystery more interesting.

The royal mystic sighed, "Well of course ya do, tha magic revealed seven swordsmen. That's why you're all he'ya! Seven swordsmen fur seven magic swords."

Raziel turned and looked at the royal mystic, "Seven magic swords?" he asked.

"Well, as from what I've heard, seven swordsmen ahr requia'd ta obtain seven magic swords ta break tha seal which seals away the arm'a." the mystic admitted.