40

"Are you ready to face him? It's okay. I can do this alone." 

Sevi shook his head and pursed his lips, gesturing for me to enter the hospital room. Kuya Roel was at the door, talking to another security guy. I wanted to come in, but my feet kept stepping backward, causing my back to hit Sevi's chest. He touched my arms to stop me. 

"Hindi mo pa kaya mag-isa?" he whispered. 

"I'm nervous..." I looked at him with worried eyes. 

"Huwag kang mag-alala. Nandito ako," he assured me. 

I nodded before slowly opening the door. My knees suddenly became weak when I entered the room, and I saw my dad with an oxygen mask. His eyes were closed, and he looked so weak and pale. About three bodyguards were there, but they left when they saw me. 

I slowly walked towards the bed, and my dad maybe felt my presence, so he opened his eyes a little to look at me. I saw how surprised he was, but he couldn't talk. He had the strength to remove his oxygen mask when he saw me standing beside him. 

"Elyse," he whispered, looking so shocked.

Sevi sighed heavily before turning his back against us, staying beside the door. I knew how hard it was for him... for the both of us, but we needed this in order to let the pain go. I inhaled a large amount of breath to calm myself. 

"You have... grown... so much," hirap na sabi ni Daddy. I saw admiration in his eyes and the urge to touch my hand, but I moved it away. 

"I lost my mom four years ago," I told him as tears started to pool from the corner of my eyes. 

He pursed his lips and looked away from me, looking so guilty. I bit my lower lip, trying my best to continue talking. I wanted to let everything out. My anger, my pain, everything. 

"Because of you. It's because of you. You manipulative bastard! You killed my mom. She died after knowing how much of a monster you have become, and it ruined me. It ruined me so badly..." I started crying. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered, the tears in his eyes reflecting the light. 

"I loved you so much..." I tried to wipe my tears away. "I loved you. You treated me like a princess. You treated me with so much love, affection, and care... How could you do this to me? How could you do this to my mom?" 

"I'm so sorry." His tears started to fall. "I have no excuse. I have no valid reason for what I did. I just want to... say sorry..." 

"Sorry?" I scoffed. "Are you aware of how much damage you caused? I needed to... I needed to see a damn therapist to help with my healing. No apology could ever bring back what happened! I lost everyone I loved. Not just my mom, but also you... The father I used to look up to. You made me believe that you were kind... loving... precious... But it turns out that you were just the complete opposite."