PROLOG

Lies. The world's population, around seven billion people, must have lied at least once in their lives. It's pretty common and seems easy to do so. To lie on people's faces.

One lies with a smile, one lies with a frown, one lies with anger, and one lies with tears. People lie in their own way. In Taehyung's case, it's the "lies with a smile" one. And no, it never easy for him. He never gets used to it. He hates it every time he lied. He always felt guilty but there was no other way.

Because lying is the only way to keep him around. Lying is the only way to maintain their long, happy, and beautiful friendship.

He doesn't have the guts to just spill everything out. To put all this pain to an end. To heal his heart from all the wounds. Why? Because it would be selfish. He doesn't want to ruin everything just so he will stop hurting. No, he can't do that. He just needs to keep holding on.

He has been for two years, a little more time wouldn't be a problem, right?

He won't be a hypocrite though and says it's easy. Every time, every single time he did it, it always creates a hole in his heart. Hurts him every time, but the one he lied to doesn't know that.

Jungkook doesn't know that.

Because Taehyung never made it obvious. He never cried, at least because of this, in front of Jungkook. And he wants to keep it that way, with Jungkook being completely oblivious.

Every time he would talk about the girl he talked to in class, or the one he kissed against the locker, or the one he fucked in the janitor's room, or even the one he brought home to their house. It hurts so much to the point that there were times where he cried because of how hard it is to act like Jungkook isn't his world.

And yes, they live together, it's been a year since Taehyung moved out of his parent's house and live together with Jungkook in a decent apartment for two, Jungkook's apartment. How did that happen?

Well, Taehyung and Jungkook have been friends ever since their freshman year in high school. It was four years ago, now they are in their sophomore year of college. Jungkook is an art major meanwhile, Taehyung is an acting major. And yes, his acting classes came in handy whenever he lied to the other. When it became too much, like he wanted to shout out his feelings to other's face, he always held it back. He simply smiled or covered it up with a joke here and there.

It's fine, it works every time. Jungkook never gets fishy about it. He will keep being oblivious about Taehyung's love for him.

Pathetic isn't it? Taehyung is in love with his best friend. His best friend for four years, and it's been two years ever since he discovered his feeling for the man.

But he didn't plan on confessing anytime soon.