PROLOGUE

~♡~

~♡~

I can clearly see the dark sky and small but thousands lights flickering above, from the spot that I am standing in. Someone’s says, that the purpose of the stars is to give light when the night comes. And just like in life, even in your darkest time there will be someone who will give light to you, to see the path where you can escape from that darkness.

But for me? I don’t think I am capable to escape from the situation that I am in.

[2 weeks earlier]

“Thank God, please call the nurses and doctors right now. My son is awake.”

Pagkabukas na pagkabukas nang aking mga mata agad kong nakita ang mukha ng isang babae na halos hindi ko alam kung anong emosyon ang nakikita ko sa kanya. Pero isa lang ang aking napansin kundi ang ngiti sa kanyang mga labi at mga luhang nag-uunahang lumabas sa kanyang mga mata.

Muli akong pumikit at huminga nang malalim ngunit doon ko lang naramdaman ang isang bagay na humaharang para makalanghap ako ng sariwang hangin, oxygen hose. Iminulat kong muli ang aking mata at iba na ang tao na aking nakikita. Base on the body built of this person have, he’s man. I can’t clearly see his face because my vision became blur but I know he’s wearing a face mask and a hospital hair protection.

“Mister, can you hear me?”

I want to say yes, but there’s something blocking my mouth and the only sound that I can create to answer his question is a low sound of moan.

“Can you see me?”

After asking another question I can feel that he separated my eyelid wider and a large amount of sunlight welcomed my right eye and seconds later my left eye too. And just like from the first question, I answered him by a moan.

I heard different kind of noises everywhere. Talking, whispering and crying. I move my eyes from different direction but the only color that I can see is pure white coming from the ceiling, wall and even the curtain from the window beside me.

“I think your son is still recovering Mrs. Lorenzo. But we are not yet sure if he’s already stable. But waking up after from 5 days of unconsciousness this is a good sign.” After hearing those words from the doctor a loud cry of happiness followed.

Seconds later a woman appeared on my sight, she’s the same woman who I saw earlier the moment I opened my eyes.

She cupped my cheeks and caressed it slowly.

“How are you, my son? What do you feel? You made me feel worried.” She said and kissed my forehead.

I swallowed by too much confusion. That’s why even if it’s hard for me to move my mouth I try my best to speak a word.

“Who… are… you?”

After saying those 3 words the room filled with silence.

Mabilis na nanlaki ang mga mata ng babae at agad pinagdikit ang dalawang nanginginig na kamay sa kanyang nakaawang na bibig.