∘₊✧─「12」─✧₊∘

I let out a yawn as I woke up to a darkened room. Taking my phone out, I checked the time. It was midnight now, with Hanako still beside me as he promised, but completely passed out. His arms were crossed, resting his head on them on the bed I slept on. I slowly got off the bed, making sure I didn't disturb his slumber and went to go freshen myself up to wash the drowsiness away. It felt strange to walk through the halls in the middle of the night with the moon shining so brightly. It feels almost calming in a way.

"[y/n]?.." I hear the voice of a sleepy Hanako. I smiled at him, and he gave me one back. "How'd you sleep...?"

"I slept fine knowing I had you by my side." I giggled, poking his cheek as I smirked. "But it looks like you needed more sleep than I did."

His face flushed a shade of red, but he still showed a big grin as he wrapped his arms around me. "You can't play jokes on me, [y/n]~ You're terrible at them~"

I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. He chuckled and rested his head on mines. ( I don't know how to make this work out since Hanako is 4'11" but let's just roll with it xD ). 

"I'm guessing it's tomorrow, right?.." He asked me in a soft voice. "When you... you know..."

"Yeah, it is..." I let out a sigh before speaking again. "It's part of the rules, and you should know that considering your Honorable No. 7..."

"M-Maybe we can ask Yashiro to do it again! Then you could-"

"She can't. No one can now..."

"Wh-What do you mean?.."

"It's part of the rules, Hanako." I smiled at him, trying to conceal the tears that wanted to fall from my eyes. "... You have to accept that..."

"Let me talk to him." He held my shoulder, pushing me back a bit as he stared into my eyes.

"You're crazy, Hanako! No one has been able to contact him in 50 decades!"

"And just say goodbye to someone I care so much for?!"

"..." I went silent for a bit before opening my mouth. "... It's already been decided. Please understand that this is a daily process decided upon us..."

"But then how long—"

"Another decade... that's how long we'll have to wait..." I wrapped my arms around him, snuggling against his neck. "I'm sorry, but I have to obey or else I'll never see you guys again..."

Hanako wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. "Promise me you'll stay with us until you go, alright?"

"I promise. If I had more time, I would spend all eternity with all of you..."