Chapter 1

"We're so sorry sir, your parents have died"

My entire face dropped from the happiness it once had. I couldn't breath, it felt as if all the worry was clogged up in my throat.
You know that feeling when you know your about to cry, I couldn't feel it. I felt numb.

This couldn't be real.

The warm tears dropped down my face, the hand of my grandmother fell on my back, making me go weak.

She whispered things in my ear, but it was all a blur.

My knees gave out and the hardwood floor hit me. Everything felt gone, like it was all over.

It was over.

One turn of a wheel and they knew death was close. That snowing winter night will forever be in my memories.

I stared down at the graves that lay next to eachother. All I could do was sigh.
"Shawny?" A raspy old voice said, I jerked my head. My grandmother looke at me with sadness written all over her wrinkled face.

I sighed again.

"They're gone" My faint voice that I hadn't heard in a while spoke, she slowly nodded.
"They're in a better place now" It was my turn to nod.

I sniffled before forcing my body to turn away. I looked down at the wet grass as I made my way to my grandfathers old pickup truck.

The air was crisp, a slight stroke of wind made my spine shiver.
My hand grabbed the door handle and pulled it open. I looked back at the couple hundred graves.

So many people had gone through what I had gone through. It made my eyes water at the thought, I shook it off and hopped onto the old ripped up car seat.
My body sunk into the seat. A few seconds later the door a few inches away from me flung open, my grandmother.

"Dont worry we'll be back next Sunday" Her sweet voice rang in my ears.
I grabbe the seat belt and quickly buckled myself in. The engine roared and soon a old track from the 60's blasted through the speakers.

This was just like every Sunday, filled with grief and depression.

My eyes wandered out the dusty window. The graveyard was covered with small tombstones. The back of a short girl stuck out at me, her brown hair waving in the wind as she stared down at a tombstone.
I felt pity for this stranger.

I looked at the windshield.

The same frown I had for months stuck to my face.

_______________________

New fanfic.

I really like this one tbh.

More updates soon.

-Gracie ps: might not do author notes for this story.