Chapter Eight

It was the next day and I stood outside the school. I was thinking about convincing my mom and dad to keep me home. How about I just stay home? I asked myself. I turned back around and walked home. I sat on my bed and stared at my clock. It was only nine thirty but I felt as if it were earlier in the day. I looked around. I opened my bag and Amu's Shugo Chara came out. It looked like a little artist.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Miki," she said. I smiled.

"Is there any chance that you would like to Character Transform with me?" I asked excitedly. She looked at me.

"Sure," she replied. I smiled and hugged her. I pulled away.

"Come with me." Miki followed as I walked out of my room. I walked to the Royal Garden. Miki was probably wondering why I took her there. I walked in.

"Excuse me," I said as I poked my head through the door. The only person who seemed to hear was Amu. She looked at me but didn't say anything. I walked in and waved. I looked pretty guilty because I didn't talk to Kukai yesterday. I walked towards Amu. I extended my hand that had Amu's green egg.

"Well look who decided to be nice for once," Kukai said as he laid back in his chair. I blushed and shoved the egg into her hand and ran.

"Where's the other one?" she asked. I looked at her and smirked. Miki had been outside this whole time. I opened the door and she came in. Everyone gasped. They all looked at me and I shrugged.

"You replaced Sophie?!?" Tadase asked in disbelief. I shot him a look. Sophie must have been around.

"I would like to see what the king would do about it," I said as I bowed. With that I turned and walked away. I was going to murder Sophie. What is wrong with her? What I was thinking was just giving Amu the egg and leaving but forget that. I wanted to create some commotion but I didn't really have anything in mind. I looked at Miki. She was busy sketching the landscape around us. How cute, I thought. Maybe I should give her back to Amu...... No!!! What am I thinking?!?! I can't give her back until I have at least one Character Transformation with her. I looked at Miki. I saw something glint in the distance. I got up to get a closer look. I picked it up. It was a key?!?! It was very pretty and didn't look like any key I've ever seen. I placed it in my bag and looked at Miki. She looked at me.

"My own heart, unlock!" Same black light, different appearance. I had on a black baret, a silver dress, and black ankle boots.

"Character Transformation: Dark Arts!" I pulled out a flute from one of the pockets of the dress. Immediately, X-Eggs started to follow. I stopped playing and they flew in many different directions. I played again and they formed a line and followed me. I giggled. The Guardians came and I frowned.

"What are you doing?" Nadeshiko asked. I stared at her but didn't stop playing.

"Why are you doing this?" Kukai asked. I kept quite.

"Why aren't you answering?" Tadase asked. I put the flute back into my pocket and said, "Good Luck." I waved and walked away. Kukai grabbed my wrist and I almost fell. I gave him an irritated look. His eyes........ his eyes were full of......... anger........... I looked away. I changed back to normal and sat on the ground. Kukai looked at me. He doesn't know how much I like him. He doesn't know how long I have wanted to confess to him. I sighed. Nothing was going right for me. Miki was now with her proper owner and I still don't know where Sophie is. I started to walk away pit Amu passed something to Kukai who gave it to me. It was Sophie's egg. Sophie, she went back into her egg....... I smiled. I was about to walk away again when Kukai grabbed my arm and I almost fell. Again.

"We were wondering," he said, still holding my wrist, "if you would like to join the Guardians." I looked at him and then at everyone else. I shrugged and Yaya hugged me. I smiled. I am now needed by someone on the right side, I thought.