Chapter 3

This Chapter is very similar to prank wars but I was so inspired to write something similar to it. I thought I shouldn't make it too similar otherwise I would be copying which I don't like to do. I know at the moment it is boring but further in I am sure it is going to get better.

As we walked to the main hall I heard something in the near distance. Something that sounded as though there was lots of screeching coming from a room.

It turned out it was the main hall. Everyone was screaming and shouting. I saw a small figure standing on the stage that was talking into a microphone which you could barely hear over all the noise.

"PLEASE BE QUIET!" the man shouted down the mic.

The whole room became silent. Not another sound came out of the mouths of anyone in the room.

"I would like to welcome you back to Greenfields boarding school," the man said. "Most of you will not know who I am because I am a new teacher that has decided to come teach here." "My name is Mr Campbell and I am a drama teacher. Your headteacher Mrs Labia has decided that I would be best to introduce the new thing for this term. As you all know each term something new happens. This term we are going to have a small competition. It is called the truth lie. Each person will be given a ring which will have a small blue light in it. 

If you are told a lie and you believe it you will get eliminated and your blue light will go out. If you are being told the truth and you believe it is a lie you will also be eliminated. 

There are lie detectors that have been put all around the school as well as cameras to catch hold of anyone who thinks they can lie. Is there any questions?"

A few people in the audience put their hands up.

"Yes you in the front row?"

"But can't someone say that they have told a lie and tricked someone?"

"This is what the lie detectors are for and also if someone tries to trick a teacher they will automatically eliminated."

A few hands went down. 

"The girl with blond hair in plaits?"

"Is there a prize?" the girl asked.

All of the other students put their hands down.

"Ah yes. I was just coming to that. The prize will be a trip to anywhere in the world with 1,000 pounds spending money. Also you will be able to have a whole month off to spend your time in your location and you are able to take one other person."

Whispers erupted in the hall. I guessing they were telling each other who they were going to take if they won the prize.

"I would like to wish you the best of luck and and the truth lies begin."

Mrs Labia climbed onto the stage. "I would like to also say that everyone should wear their non school uniform tomorrow."

"I wonder why that is?" I asked Alex.

"It's a trick wear uniform tomorrow." Alex told me staring into the distance.

"How do you know and what are you staring at?" I asked him.

"I know because as Mrs Labia came off stage she gave an evil smile to the newbie. Just trust me." He told me.

"How can I trust you, you might lie to me?"

"I would never do that to you. Trust me."

"Fine but you better not lie to me then otherwise you are in big trouble if you do."