5 | Favorite Sister

Not long after getting his neck snapped by Niklaus, Kai woke up in the same room, his brothers nowhere in sight, and knowing his full-blooded brother, he already had Elijah in a box, with a silver dagger poking out his chest.

Dusting himself of he went to search for the pregnant werewolf, only to find the female walking around the hallway just outside the room that he's just been in.

"Hey", he smiled, "have you found yourself a room?"

"Yeah, no. I'm still getting familiar to this place." Hayley answered eyes wandering around the place.

"Well then, let's find you a room so you can settle in." Kai gestured Hayley to follow him.

The pair walks through the halls of the plantation house before stopping before a white, wooden door.

"This shall serve its purpose for the mean time" Kai opens the door letting Hayley in before following right after.

"Considering Klaus doesn't intend for us to stay here longer than we should", he went ahead to explain.

"So, you get settle in, I will be the French Quarter gathering food supplies, wouldn't want my niece or nephew and their mother dying now do we?" he smiled at the pregnant woman which made her smile in return, before exiting the room closing the door on his way out.

~~~~~~~~~~

A red car parks in front of the Mansion followed by a blonde walking out of the vehicle, holding the phone to her ear.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door.", the blonde's voice echoes through the seemingly empty house.

Hayley the current inhabitant of the house, hears something and warily walks down the stairs.

The said blonde walks ups the front the steps and opens the door. She walks in as Hayley comes down the stairs, who in hopes to defend herself to the intruder, wielding a fire iron.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked.

"Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?"

Just then Kai enters the door hearing his sister's voice inside the house, all thanks to his supernatural hearing.

"Rebekah, my favorite sister, dare I say welcome home?" Kai greeted his only sister as he sets the food supplies that he gathered from the French Quarter.

"Oh, shut it will you, I'm your only sister" Rebekah roared in a jokingly manner as she walked to her to her brother hugging him.

"And that makes you my favorite" Kai answered smiling, hugging his sister back.

"I missed you, you know" she added as they pulled away, which earned a smile from Kai.

Hayley clear her throat which earned the attention of the reunited siblings, "from what I've seen you have your other brother's manners."

"And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" Rebekah replied.

"Beats me. He's long gone." The werewolf answered with a shrug.

The female Original furrowed her eyebrows "What do you mean, "long gone"?"

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into - he was all poetic about how we're family basically repeating what Kai already told me - and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire who I just met." Hayley explained.