Chapter 7

As I slowly opened the letter, I felt total anger and sadness. Then I read the letter.

"Damn it!" I shouted and went to my office. I sat down and read the letter again and muttered, "You really thought I'll gave you chance. I don't want to feel like this anymore." I ripped the paper to pieces then I continued, "And it's still your fault."

I slammed a piece of paper at my table and wrote a letter,

Dear Mr. Ripper,

I received this letter as soon as I could...

I'm sorry, I cannot allow him to see Mr. Carl.

Never again... It's for the good of  both of them.

Your Acquaintance,
Ms. Dyer

"This is for Aesop's safety." I muttered as I look once more at the letter. I folded and putted it in a white envelope, and also wrote a name.

As I'm about to open the door, I suddenly change my mind and said, "But I don't want Aesop to hate me." Tears came out and my knees knelt down. Drop of tears are now at the letter.

I don't want to see Aesop, suffer. However, I don't want to make myself as his rival.

This is the most toughest desicions I ever had. But I quite see myself, jealous at Joseph. Maybe that's the other reason that I don't want him to saw Aesop again.

I don't want them to be together again.

(Eli's POV)

Another match again, so exhausted. I might alert Emily that I'm back.

Emily...

She is the most smart, kind, diligent, cute, and beautiful woman I ever met. When I first saw her, she sparkled my hidden eyes. She's the one who never make me think that I have the guilt in going here.

I went here because of my ex-girlfriend. She forced me to come here because of a problem.

At first, she's my best friend. We always spend time with each other. But until one day, we're in a relationship. But when we're even closer at each other, she changed. She became serious at her work more than me. All of the sudden, she treats me like her assistant.

I wish I could break up with her, but I can't. I'm now stuck in this place, no exit doors and unbreakable windows. But I think that she'll do the same, when I'm there.

Emily is a busy woman as well, but she always tries to be with her friends, even with me sometimes.

I'm at the garden, playing with Brooke, my owl. She's a loyal pet and cute, wild sometimes.

After a few seconds, someone knocked at the door and opened it. I saw a woman, wearing a plain white dress with a sky blue colored cape. I guess she's a doctor, based on her hairstyle. This is no other than, Emily Dyer, the only doctor in the manor.

I also noticed that she brought two cups of chocolate ice cream. She greeted, "Good afternoon, Eli."

I greeted as well, "Good afternoon to you too. Wow! Ice cream, for who?" She smirked at me and teased, "The ice cream is for your owl."