Chapter 18

A/N~ Big secrets revealed in this chapter. Stay tuned for the surprise after chapter 19. 👀 Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look at the near 2-year-old in my sister's lap. She studies my face as I study hers. "She..." I trail off. I sniffle and give a small smile. "She's beautiful." I choke out. "She has your eyes Kasey." Taylor says. Sam is upstairs with Courtney putting Izzy's room together. Skyler is still out with Jordan I'm assuming. I look up to Taylor and smile. "She could be my daughter if you think about it. I guess she got more of my mom's genes than Malcolm's." I take a closer look at Izzy and in that moment, I flashback to that dream I had a few days ago.

*FLASHBACK*

I'm face to face with my worst nightmare, Jace Montgomery. 

But, she's younger and she's with a teenage boy. 

That guy looks like....

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Malcolm" I say abruptly. "What about him, Kase?" Kailyn asks. "I just remembered something important. I need to talk to the detectives." I say. I grab my keys, rushing to the door when Kailyn stops me. "Kasey, what's going on?" she asks. "I...I can't explain this to right now. I need to talk to the detectives first. If you want to come and make my job easier, please feel free." I open the door and walk out to the garage. "Which one should we take today, Tay?" I ask.

I walk over to the wall of labelled car keys. "Uh, let's take the Audi R8." She sates. "Good choice, Parker." I compliment. "I guess we'll follow behind you in the Jeep. Sammy needs more command strips." I hear. I look up to see Sam and Kailyn heading towards the Jeep Cherokee. I toss the keys to them and make my way over to the R8. "Let me get your door." I offer Taylor. I open her door for her, and she smiles as she gets in. I close her door and get in on my side.

I look over at Taylor. "Are you sure, you can handle this, Parker?" I ask teasingly. She rolls her eyes at me as I back out of the driveway. "Show me what this bad boy can do, Santiago.' She retorts with a chuckle. I take off down the road, Kail and Sam not far behind.

We make it to the police station and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. Taylor grabs my hand and gives me a reassuring squeeze. "You got this, Kase. Just go tell them what is on your mind and remember, that while you may not understand everything, they may have information that could clarify what you question. Just be honest with them." She advises. I nod and release a breath. We make our way into the station and are met with a detective. "Can I help you?" she asks. "Yes, ma'am. We're looking for Detectives Ramos and Covey. They're in charge of my mother's investigation." I explain. "Santiago, right?" she questions. I nod in response. She gives me a sympathetic smile. "Take a seat here and I'll let them know you're here." She responds. We walk over to the chairs and wait.

"Kasey?" I hear. I raise my head and see the detectives in front of me. I stand and shake their hands. "What can we do for you today?" Detective Covey asks. "I had a nightmare after the shooting, it was about Jace Montgomery. I keep having a dream about a note she left for Malcolm before he was murdered." I explain. "What did the note say?" Detective Ramos chimes in. The expression she's giving leads me to believe I'm not completely crazy. "uh..." "Do you think we can take this into a private room detective?" Kailyn questions. Detective Covey nods and leads us to a private room. "Feel free to take as much time as you need, but I need you to tell us everything you remember." Detective covey explains. I let out a breath.

"In the dream, I walked into a hotel, the same Malcolm and my mom were at, and I found a note..." I continue to explain everything. How the notes claimed Malcolm was Jace's brother, how I saw Jace kill them in my dream, how Jace seemed to hate my mom when we got into it at Dave and Busters. I told them everything about my history with Jace.

"Well, I want to let you know that you're not crazy at all. While some of your dream can't be proven with what we have, there are some things that are accurate." Detective Covey starts. "What was I right about?" I question curiously. "Well, for starters, the murderer left a note signed with initials J.M... The crazy part is that what you said what was on the note is accurate to the tee." We all look at the detectives in shock. Are they trying to tell me that Jace Montgomery murdered my parents? If she's Malcolm's sister, then she'd be my aunt by marriage. Everything about that statement is disturbing.

The detectives explain more about what they found during the investigation. When they reopened the case, they had a big lead. This is because of the shooting. There is reason to believe that Jace shot up the tournament looking for another victim. If she is the murderer, it'll explain things, but it'll also make my hatred for her grown. I just don't understand why she would do that to me. I mean, we weren't friends and I did get Skyler, but why would that be a good enough reason to take my mother away from my siblings and me?

The truth is, we may not have the life we have now if they hadn't died. I may not have been close with either of my parents, but I'd give up the money, houses, and cars if it meant my baby brother could have them back. We graduate in three days, and the only person we'll have there for us is Sam's mom and the teachers. The teachers don't really count because they have to be there. I guess we should be so lucky to have Sam's mom.

Speaking of, I clear my thoughts as the detectives are explaining what's going on with Derek murdering Sam's birth mother. "So, we found the murder weapon last night. It's taking longer to get the prints from it because we found it on the shallow part of the lake. It was submerged enough that the barrel filled with water and the trigger is stuck." They explain. "So, what's next detectives?" Sam asks. "We'll keep you updated on both cases and let you know when we can do the ballistics test." Detective covey explain. We stand up to leave and we stop at the door. "Thank you for your help, Kasey." Detective Ramos says.

"It's not problem, Detective. Anything I can do to find their killer." I answer. "Do you have any more questions before you leave?" the detective questions. "Yes, actually." "Is Jace Montgomery Malcolm's sister?" I ask. I meet the detectives gaze and she releases a breath.

"Yes." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N~ Well that happened....🤯

So Jace is Malcolms sister. More on that in a few chapters.

Surprise coming after chapter 19.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share

Until next chapter✌🏼