Chapter 22

🚨TRIGGER WARNING 🚨 Violence toward the end. Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't cried so much in my life. I felt numb, like a part of me was gone. I wasn't sure what happened next. I was consumed with my heart beating in my ears and my face wet with a harsh sob. I fell to the ground, too weak to hold myself up. I pulled my knees to my chest and rocked myself back and forth.

3 weeks later.

Kailyn has been gone for 3 weeks now. Skyler left town to "clear her mind", Sam's mom has had the kids, and Taylor and Courtney have been with me every day. During the midst of this, I had to go to Derek's trial with Sam. Obviously, he's guilty. During the investigation of Sam's birth mother, they found evidence to support the other investigation of my grandparents. Derek was found guilty on multiple charges of murder in the 1st degree and he had already been charged for the fraudulent money activity. The judge tacked on time for the restraining order violation a few months back. It's safe to say, Derek Santiago will be in jail for life and he won't have a chance for parole.

I'm sitting on the couch after packing, and my phone rings. "Hello?" I answer. "If you thought I was done with just your sister, wait until I get your girlfriend. How is Parker doing?" the voice questions. "Jace, this isn't funny. Just let my sister go and leave Taylor out of this." I snap. "You should've gone with her, Santiago. Thanks for the pizza by the way." Jace says laughing. I can feel that stupid grin through the phone. "Montgomery, I swear you better keep your hands off of them." I yell. I hear muffled screams in the background and the line goes dead.

Detective Covey comes down the stairs. "Did you trace it?" I question. "We're still trying. Next time, keep the call going longer." He states. "We need to find them. She could have Taylor." I plead. "We're doing everything we can do." I try calling Taylor, but it goes to voicemail. I try again and again, but still no answer. "Fuck" I throw my phone on the couch and Sam comes in the house. "What's going on?" Courtney questions from behind Sam. "Jace called me. She says she has Taylor." I state through my tears. "How do you know she wasn't just messing with you?" Sam questions. "Taylor went to get pizza over an hour ago and when I called her multiple times, she didn't answer. Jace knew about the pizza; how could she know?" I question.

"We'll find them." Detective Covey states. All I can do is hope.

6 weeks later

It's been 6 weeks since Taylor was kidnapped, and it's been 9 since Kailyn was. I refuse to lose hope. Everyone in town is saying they're dead and Jace and Chad murdered them. I refuse to believe anyone. The police are doing everything to find them, but so far, no luck. With all of the factors like the shooting at the tournament, the note, motive, and now the kidnapping, all the signs put to Jace being my parents' killer. I know I should probably let the police do their job, but I can't sit around waiting.

I wanted to take Taylor on a date after graduation, but then she got taken away. I'm wishing I would've taken a chance with her a long time ago. Skyler didn't love me; she loved my parents' money. She came because she cared at the beginning, but she stayed for the benefits. It hurts to say that, but I know it's the truth. She came back for graduation and had a new car, freshly dyed hair, nails done, new clothes, and she bought a condo. The bank called me to approve those purchases and I told them to let the smaller things go, but the condo wasn't allowed. I got a call from UCLA's coach and they told me Skyler declined their offer.

Sam has been trying to be supportive, but she's been spending a lot of time with Courtney. Usually, they check on me and then take the kids. I love my little siblings, but we agreed that I wasn't in the right headspace to take care of them and worry about Kailyn and Taylor.

I'm currently at the gym with my trainer. I opened up to my fitness team and therapist about my sister and Taylor. I also told them about Skyler, so they want to keep me focused with exercise. I have been doing MMA for a few years. While I don't fight professionally, it keeps me in shape, and I can protect myself and my family. Today, I'm working on the punching bag because I had an incident earlier in the week while sparring; they decided I should practice alone for now. I've built up so much rage lately, I'm scared I'll hurt somebody. I knew things were bad last week. Sam asked me to play a game of ball at the park and I didn't want to. I haven't touched a ball since Kailyn was taken.

My first love is now the last thing on my mind. Basketball has been my life for years, and now, I don't want to think about it. It's just not the same without Kailyn cheering me on, it's not the same playing without Taylor, and it won't be the same playing with Skyler next fall. I'm only okay with one of those things; can you guess which I'm referring to? I focus on the bag and control my breathing with each strike. I hear that stupid laugh in my head. Jace. I start attacking the bag with force. I begin to sob, and I can't stop. I just continue to strike until pain surges through my arm. I feel arms around me and I just sob.

"I-I have to find them. I need to get them back" I sob. "Kase, it'll be okay" the voice says. Its Sammy. "Sammy, I need her back. I-I love her" I admit still sobbing. "She's our sister, of course you love her." She states. I shake my head. "I'm not talking about Kailyn. I love Taylor. I-I'm in love with her, Sam" I admit.

11pm

I got cleaned up after my melt down and slept for like 10 hours. I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to do what should've been done forever ago. I'm using Taylor's locator chip to find her. Taylor has a locator chip you ask? Yes, she has 3 to be exact. She has on behind her left ear. She got a tattoo to cover the scar. She also got a new pair of earrings for winning the championship, and I put locator chips in them just to be safe. 

I ping her location and take off to find her. I'm not completely slow by the way. I have a locator chip behind my right ear, my phone and truck have location services on, and I contacted Sam, the detectives, and the police department before I left. I put on a vest over my tank top, change into my combat boots, and I lock my truck.

 I walk quietly following the locator chip.

 I walk into a room; 

*PEW, PEW*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N~😳👀🤯 

If you are currently repeating WTF, I was in the same boat when I wrote it.

I got so emotional writing this. I could feel Kasey's pain myself. 😭

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. ❤️

Until next chapter✌🏼