Chapter 3 - Dancing In An Unfamiliar Place

Harder Than It Looks [A Dance Moms Fan-Fiction]
Chapter 3 - Dancing In An Unfamiliar Place

I can back from school. I took a quick shower and received two texts.
One was from Kalani. It said
'Hey KayKay, excited to see you at dance! ;)'
I smiled and replied with
'Same! Cya later!'

The other text was from Zack. It said
'Hey Kendall, are you free this Friday?'
My heart skipped a beat. Was he going to ask me out on a date?
I replied with a
'Yeah, why?'

Anyways, I blow dried my hair and tied it up into a high ponytail and put a headband on my head. I packed my dance bag and changed into my dance wear and hopped into my mother's car.

[Time Skip: At The Studio]
I got off the car and gasped. The Studio looked great. I could barely believe it. I was at THE ALDC.
I walked in and saw Abby Lee Miller.
I smiled. "Hello" Abby said.
"Hi" I replied
"Welcome to the Elite Competition Team, Kendall!"
"Thanks"
It was the first episode of 'Dance Moms'. I walked into somewhere called the Dancer's Den and saw Kalani.
"HEYYYY!" Kalani said. I ran up to her and hugged her. Although I just met her, I felt like she was already a really close friend.

I also saw Madison Ziegler, Paige Hyland and Brooke Hyland. "Why is she here? She doesn't deserve to be here." Madison said. I rolled my eyes, ignoring her. Then I saw a girl come in. She had blonde hair and she was quite pretty. She walked up to Kalani and I.
"Hey! I'm Chloe, what's your name?" She asked. Wow! She was friendly!
"I'm Kendall, this is Kalani."
"Nice to meet you guys." she said
"Yeah." Kalani said.
I rested my eyes on a girl that was in the corner. She looked younger than most of us and she looked really bored. I walked over to her.
"Hello." I said.
"Hi." she replied.
"I'm Kendall, nice to meet you!" I said. Chloe and Kalani introduced themselves and the girl told us her name was Mackenzie. She was Maddies sister and she went to the same school as us. We soon found out that Chloe also a went to the same school as Kalani and I.

We met a girl named Nia. She was homeschooled, but she had a great personality. Anyways, Abby announced the solos , duets, trios and group numbers.
"First, for the solos. I have four solos to give. The first one goes to Maddie. It will be called 'Hoping' and it is a lyrical piece." I saw Maddie smirk at her friends. "My next solo goes to Chloe!" Abby said. I gave Chloe a hug and so did Kalani, Mackenzie and Nia. "It is a Lyrical piece entitled 'Far Away'"
"My last two solos go to Brooke and Nia. Nia your solo is a Jazz number called 'Here I Come'. Brooke, yours is a acrobatics routine entitled 'Listen'." Nia looked excited and I congratulated her.

"I have two duets. The first one goes to Kendall and Kalani." I hugged Kalani. "It will be called 'Forever Or Never'. My next duet goes to Mackenzie and Kendall." I hugged Mackenzie. I was going to be in three acts! The group number is called 'Lemonade!' And the lead was Kalani and Chloe.

[Time Skip To Duet Rehearsals]
First, I rehearsed my duet with Kalani. It was called 'Forever Or Never' and it was about two girls having to chose between Persuing their dreams or staying with each other. It was a beautiful Lyrical Piece.

My duet with Mackenzie was called 'More Than That' and it was about being greedy. It was a upbeat Jazz routine and it was really fun to do!

The group number was ok, I guess. It wasn't too difficult or too easy, and it was a Jazz Routine.

Authors Note:
Sorry for the loooong chapter! It took me like 2 days to write this :)