Chapter three

Measi was staring at the ceiling of the cell she and Nathan shared. Nathan was laying next to her as he played with her hair, tilting his head at her as she bit her bottom lip. ''What you thinking about?'' 

She turned her head at him, chuckling silently as she turned her body to him, laying her head onto her arm as she smiled. ''What?''

''Our first kiss.'' 

After three months on the road the group had began to gel together more and more. Measi and Nathan sat next to each other as they watched the campfire. Measi her eyes darted towards Daryl as he sat opposite side of them. 

Nathan leaned his head towards Measi, whispering into her ear before she nodded, getting up from her spot just like Nathan did. ''We're going to scope it out a bit, making sure the premonitory is still in tact.'' Daryl nodded at his sister as the two teenagers walked away from the rest of the group.

The two teenagers held their flashlights in front of them, each of them holding a knife rather than their guns to make sure they didn't draw any walkers towards them. Nathan's eyes followed the light he shone into the dark woods next to them.  

Measi held up her hand for a moment, her eyes closed in concentration. His head tilted at her as his eyebrows furrowed together. Nathan turned his head both ways, his body standing completely still as he did so. 

Her eyes opened back up, her brown eyes gazing around as she took a single step, a twig snapping from under her foot. She closed her eyes tightly as she flinched, her shoulders pulled into her neck as she heard the loud snarls closer to them. ''Shit.'' 

Both teenagers shared a quick look before taking off deeper into the woods. Her hand trembled as she gripped her knife tightly, the first walker had closed in to her, she smashed her knife into the walker's head, it's blood splashing into her face. She didn't have time to react on it, another set of walkers already on their way towards her. 

She pulled her knife back before smashing it back into another walker, missing it's brain with a mere milometer. She groaned in annoyance as she pulled the knife back again, the knife going back into the center of it's brain before she felt a skinny hand on her shoulder. She kicked her leg back into it's body as it fell onto the ground. 

Her flashlight fell onto the ground, now fighting fully blindly as she squeezed her eyes together before hitting something with her knife. The walker she had knocked down had crawled towards her and was now holding onto her leg. A bright light shone into her eyes. In a reflex her eyes closed before her eyebrows furrowed together, not feeling the walker on her leg again. 

She opened one eye with big conscious, opening the other as well and a smile finding it's way onto her lips. Nathan was standing above two walkers as he panted, his hands leaning on his knees as he stared at Measi. 

The two of them stared at each other for a moment, not saying a single word before Measi got up from her spot, mud and dirt covering her. ''You okay?'' 

Nathan merely nodded at her, his breath still going to fast for Measi's liking. ''You?''

She nodded back at him, a water bottle being pulled from her belt, passing it to him as he nodded in thanks, taking a big gulp from it before passing it back to her, his hand holding his stomach.

''Hey, calm down. You're not gonna throw up, alright?'' He nodded before he bit his lip, staring at Measi's blood covered face. Seeing her on the floor, covered in blood and dirt made him realize they could die at any given second. 

His hand pushed back a string of her hair, his hand covering in blood now as well. Measi had made the first move of leaning her head in, she placed her hand onto his chest as he too had leaned in, their lips now connected. His other hand were in her hair, softly massaging her scalp as her hand was dragging down his chest. 

She stood onto her tippy-toes as she softly pulled him closer, his hands moving to her waist, pulling her up slightly. Measi smiled into the kiss in happiness. After three months they finally shared their first kiss, tickles filled her stomach as her face heat up. When she felt the need for air, she pulled away from him softly, her face fully read as she let out a soft chuckle.

''So they are staying in another cell block?'' Daryl nodded at Measi who sat on his sleeping bag. He had told her a few seconds before that they were forced to kill two of the prisoners. One had ran of and the other two had made a deal with Rick to stay in another cell block. She pursed her lips together before nodding her head at her brother. 

She pulled her legs closer to her chest, resulting into Daryl moving next to her, pulling her into his side, pulling her head onto his shoulder. A single tear being stuck in her eye as she let her breathing go down. 

''Better?'' She nodded a few times before she pulled herself free from her brother's grip, getting up and walking away, blinking a few times to get rid of the tear in her eye, a smile instantly tugging onto her lips as a set of finger laced together with hers. 

This is much more of a filler chapter because this episode was about Woodbury, Andrea and Michonne, so all of this chapter is fully my own input. I never made a full first kiss so I hope I did it justice. If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I upload. I'll see you soon!

-X Violet's-library