The Legend of The Dwarves

I have noted that this chapter is extremely confusing and have tried to summarize it in the following chapter so wait for that if you are confused. Everything that needs to be explain shall be explain to an extent where it can be understood. 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"I have been informed," The Orc put his hands on the table that separated Lex and him. "That you are from the village of Monks?" He said in a questioning tone. Lex blinked several times.

    "How did–" The Orc slammed his hands on the table.

    "It does not matter! News travels fast in this city." Lex blinked again. "I just know okay!" Lex could tell he was becoming angry so he answered his question.

    "Yes, I am. The Village of Monks was destroyed by an invading force of Orcs..."

    "I see," The orc gestured for Lex to continue.

    "My entire village was massacred. My best friend–Raven–was–" Lex grabbed his face with his hands.

    "Human, you are safe here. Speak openly and we shall try to help you." Lex nodded as he tried to hold back a loud sob.

    "I just can't believe she's gone..." The Orc looked at Lex. No emotion seemed to pass his face.

    "Who, your mate?" Lex couldn't help but laugh a little.

    "Ma–mate? I don't know how you think humans do it but we don't have mates at such a young age..."

    "Whatever you say human, I've seen far stranger things than children with mates." Lex didn't know what to say.

    The door next to Lex opened a Goblin came running through. He spoke in soft voice to the Orc sitting before Lex.

    "Yes, bring us the drinks." The Orc shooed the Goblin away. Lex felt uneasy around the Goblins. They were the ones that had truly been responsible for Ravens death.

    Would I actually kill the Goblin? Probably. But in the long run would it be worth it?

    No, not while I was still in the city of the Orcs. I would try to take my revenge at a later point in time. If ever.

    "So, the Orcs that attacked the village completely decimated it?" I nodded. "Well, not much we can do... However, because the Village of Monks is gone we too are in trouble." Lex looked at him questionably. "I see you don't understand..." The Orc paused. "Did the Monks ever teach you kids about mythical animals?"

    "No, I know there are legends... But we were never taught them. I remember as a child we were once told that legends were a waste of time and would only bring trouble." The Orc chuckled as he shook his head up and down. "You agree?" I asked him. He gave the question some thought and then answered, a bit tentatively.

    "Yes, legends are the most dangerous kind of story. All of them are based on fact."

    Legends be dangerous? The Monks had taught us to fear them but we never had good reason to.

    "One of the least known legends is true... Though the legend has been all but forgotten by the humans the Orcs have kept it alive. The Legend of the Dwarves." Lex found the mentioning of the Dwarves to be a bit weird. First the short man in the mining shaft had asked him about it, and now the Orc mentioned it.