1. End

Greetings, fellow readers, writers and the likes who dangle between. ;)

I present to you a story, loaded with confusion (don't you worry. You'll understand it), a novella which doesn't have the mind to end at all. I mean, I had to literally force my protagonist Olivia to end it.

All copyrights reserved. ©

None can copy or adapt my story in any form, without my consultation.

At last, I must confess that I'm writing this because of a very interesting prompt I found at TeenFiction, which is why I couldn't resist!

So without further ado...

Flickering lights flashed around

Flickering lights flashed around. I tilted my head, or at least tried to. The harsh whistling wind in my ears prevented me from doing anything more.

My stomach lurched, surrendering to a sudden shift of gravity. My hands moved of their own accord, desperate to hold onto something. What...

Vague words were being spoken; that familiar voice was engulfing me. This time I tried to follow it, moved myself towards it, bewitched. I couldn't.

However much I sought to tame those lights, they wouldn't. As if they didn't register the fact that I was awake, and that there was no need for them to be present. Weren't my eyes open?

Maybe not. There was darkness around those lights, darkness which I was accustomed to whenever I shut my eyes tight to evade the greasy hands of my friends after a football match outing.

Where am I?

Suddenly there was eerie silence around me; it was a miracle for me to feel my hot breath rekindle my lips, ignite them, just like I wanted my legs to be dealt with. To spread warmth around them. Not coldness.

"Anything you do..."

What the hell...

"Rep...cussion...You need to...now, do you...?"

This continued--the fading in and out.

Something crisp, icy was piercing and biting my legs, the thought of which clung on my mind. It distracted me and forced my parched mouth to finally open, as if the idea of pain woke me up.

It reminded me of ropes, cables, snakes...whatever was wound around my legs, and, now I realised, my whole body was damp, slippery and slashing my skin, plunging in the flesh. I was entangled.

"She...ervs this..."

Instantly a single word manifested on my tongue, struggling to be yelled. Often it's the silence after, which quells even the deaf storm. For as I mumbled a sluggish, "Sophie," the intensity of the chill I was feeling veered towards my face.

"Okay, then."