~MIDNIGHT ADVENTURE~

YOUR PART~

(Y/N) laid quietly in her bed, watching the last of the days sunbeams that glistened through the water outside her window disappear.

Her mind still swirling around the events from earlier, so much has happened..some things doing nothing but leaving her lost in confusion.

~i wish you were here mom... maybe... maybe you'd know... maybe.. you could explain...how I did... what I did...

I never thought.. mermaids could heal people..~

You laid still, thinking about the man from the meadow.
Thinking about all the things your Mom had told you before she passed away.
And that's when it hits you.

*I'm half Fey* you said as you sat up in bed, just now actually thinking about it.

*But..but how?...I mean.. how would that work?... mermaids are not like people... how could a Fey and a mermaid... make a child together..*

you thought about it for several minutes before shaking your head to try and get the images out.

*I could have gone without those images of my mom in my head* you said  rubbing your eyes as if it would remove the mental images.

Stopping when one thought popped in your head.
And with Your curiosity piqued...you had to return to the surface... tonight.

So you snuck out into the dark Waters and started heading to the surface.

~JARETHS PART~

Jareth sat at his balcony, staring up at the crystal like moon that sat in the star soaked sky.

*It's not possible...*he whispered as his gaze fell from the moon to the lake below.

* Mermaids have been extinct since the war.... and that's been... well... I was but a young boy....* He sat lost in thought of the days of his childhood, the days of the great war and how he became the goblin King.

(If you guys want, I could make a small chapter of just Jareths past, it would explain how he became goblin King, the great war and even a few things about your characters parents.
It's up to you guys though 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyway, back to the story!)

Then something moving in the lake cought his eye.

*Could it be?..* he said leaning out his balcony, his heart pounding in his chest at the thought that it might be..HER...

But it was still too far away to tell, so he slipped his boots on and started quietly sneaking out of his room.

*Out of all the times to have heeled boots... this is definitely the worst* he muttered to himself trying to avoid clicking his heels against the stone floor as he snuck through the castle.

Coming to a dead stop when he walked into the throne room and found goblins passed out all over the floor.

~ you've got to be kidding me?... Out of all the days for them to do this?...I need to hide the wine...~ he thought to himself as he carefully stepped over and around unconscious goblins.
Freezing in place when one rolled over and hugged onto his ankle.

~dam~ he looked down to see Digsby cuddled up to his ankle with his thumb in his mouth.

He hung his head back in disbelief and frustration, only to find a small stuffed toy stuck on the one of the lamps.

*well that's a safe place for it...burn down my castle...
I don't want my grave to read "death by flaming teddy bear" thank you..* he grumpily whispered to himself as he removed the stuffed bear from the lamp, then he got an idea.
He looked down at Digsby, gently prying his hands off his ankle and placing the teddy bear in it's place.