Wanting To Scream

I start to fill up the bathtub for our daily baths. We fill up the bathtub and keep it filled for two days and wash ourselves with the water. I know it sounds disgusting but when you have limited water you learn to live with it.

"Honey? Are you awake?" I hear my Papa call from his room. I roll my eyes. 'Who else would it be?' I say in my mind but I reply to him differently.

"Yes, Papa. It's me. I decided to start early on my chores." I call to him. It's silent for a minute. I hear him get up and get dressed. I finish filling up the bathtub and picked up the bathroom. "Papa? Can I wash first?" I ask him. He walks past the door.

"Sure. When you're done can you do inventory of the food to see if we need to go to find a store with food?" He asks me. I nod and close the door for privacy. I wash my hair with the water and scrub my hands and legs quickly. We don't get completely on the water, if that's what you think, but we just user the water. Again you might think it's disgusting but you get used to it. I get dressed with fresh clothes and notice that my clothes that fit me before the apocalypse are baggy on my. I sigh and tie a string around my pants. I look in the mirror. I had jeans on, a plain red shirt, and red and white tennis shoes.

I sit down at my desk and open my drawer filled with pictures before all of this happened. Most of them were of my mom because she was bitten about three months after the apocalypse started. It has been six months. I sigh and wipe back a tear or two. I put them back , put the cloth over it, and shut the drawer. I have to hide them from Pa because he wanted to get rid of them.

I sighed and put them away. I got up and went down stairs to do my chores...