Change of direction by Izel Aleuznelav (SteeleGrey)

Chapter 1 part 1/2

"Lux, Wake up!"

Lux opened her eyes. She felt groggy and heavy. It took her a moment for reality to sink in, her mother was opening her closets and dragging out a bunch of clothes and put them inside a red duffel bag in hurried movements. "What's wrong mom? Why are you packing up my things?" Her mother pushed her closet towards the direction of the door. "Help me push this." Lux stood and followed her mother. They pushed the closet and blocked the door completely. Her mom sighed and said "We're leaving."

She saw her mother's eyes started to brim with tears and she also felt the same wetness began in her eyes. "Why mom? Did he hurt you again? He probably didn't mean to do that to you mom, he loves you." Her mother shook her head in disagreement and just continued to pack her things. "Don't be naive Luxia your father is a drunkard and he raped you. He doesn't love us. He will always find a way to hurt us. I cry every day whenever i see that gash on your face and I blame myself for that. I did this to you. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better life, and this is all I could do to ensure your future. We have to leave your father. And the time to leave is now. I drugged your father so we can escape. We have to hurry." Her mom zipped the bag and handed it to her. After a few seconds, a loud knock made them stop on their tracks. "Open this door, Zellina! I didn't drink that beer you handed me. So open this door now so I can slap the living shit out of you, you bitch!" Zellina turned to her daughter and said "Go out of the house through that window and use that tree to climb down, I'll be with you later." Lux hastily went to the window and opened it up, duffel bag on her shoulders, she climbed out. She balanced herself on the creaky roof and walked carefully to the nearest tree branch. With both hands she clinged to it and then pushed herself forward to step on the sturdiest tree branch. An earsplitting scream shattered the silence of the night. "Run! Don't wait for me,Lux!" She climbed down and run.

*****     Part 2 coming soon...