Chapter 11

When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?! This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be..we won't have to guess. We'll know.

After he speech people begin to go on stage. After it's over with I go over to jasper and Alice, I kiss jaspers cheek. Everyone walks over to us and I smile.

"I'm happy for you guys. I have presents for everyone but you'll get them later."

Emmett frowns at me and I laugh at him.

"Ok, you guys can thank Emmett for getting your presents early."

I go to my Jeep and grab the bags. I come back to them and hand everyone their presents, including Carlisle and Esme. Carlisle looks at it and speaks.

"Thank you but you didn't have to do this."

"You're my family and I wanted you to have something from me."

Edward and Bella open their gifts first. They smile at me.

"Bella I got you a special ring. I called my brother and he got a witch to spell it. When you turn into a vampire, all you have to do is twist it and you'll feel relaxed."

"Edward you got a couple books

"Edward you got a couple books."

He looks at them and smiles.

"Thank you"

"They're original copies, he signed the cover

"They're original copies, he signed the cover. I know that you were around at that time so I got you something to remember that your alive and you have family to live for."