chapter one

In the coon’s age, when all the animals had long tails and ate grass, there lived a king in the jungle called Simba.  Simba was a brave and wise lion. All the animals adored and respected him as their king. He had a lovely wife who was the queen of the jungle. Her name was the Lioness. They had built a beautiful castle and had employed many servants in their palace. Each and every day the palace was a beehive of activities as they all went about their chores. They treated their servants well. The palace was therefore full of happiness. The young ones of the other animals often went to the place to play with Simba’s cubs. The cubs were very friendly but playful.
The animals grazed freely in the jungle. There was sufficient food for every animal. The dark green grass and twigs were ample for the animals. They lived in harmony and unity. Their young ones stayed and played together. The jungle was brisk and colourful. The animals would sit in small groups in the evening enjoying hearty chats that were sparkled with joy and laughter.  Sometimes they would dance till late into the night just before bedtime.
King Simba had a huge orchard where he grew all kinds of fruits. The fruits were as sweet as honey. The rest of the animals enjoyed eating them. They bought the fruits from Simba at pocket friendly prices. This way Simba made a lot of money and became very wealthy. The orchard provided food for all the animals in the vast jungle.
Simba’s servants were as industrious as ants. They looked after the orchard and watered the fruit trees. The Lioness helped Simba in ensuring everything was in place. The animals loved her because she was kind and understanding. She would donate a huge amount of fruits to the animals who were sick and starving. She became very popular across the jungle.
At the end of every year Simba would throw a huge party where all the animals were invited. They actually looked forward to the event with much zeal and zest. Loud music reverberated from the palace. The disc jockey was the baboon who was known for his intricate skills in playing music. The rest of the animals would cut the rug in all manner of contortion. The best dancer would then be voted by the well selected adjudicators. The champion of all time was the fox. He awed the crowd of animals with his awesome moves on the dance floor.  Over the years, he had carried home very many trophies from the palace.