Chapter Twenty Seven

When Chris woke up it was almost midday. He rubbed his face, showered and went about his day as normal even though he could feel the frustration building up around him. He takes a deep breath as he looks in the mirror. Chris knew he had to speak to Richard and Stella today but he was trying his best to put it off.

He checked his phone and saw that Zabdiel had texted him.

'We're all in Joel's room. Stella isn't here but Richard is.'

Chris was grateful for the warning. He decided to try to find Stella. Knocking on Stella's door, Chris waits for a response.

"Richard, I can't talk now!" she pleads assuming Richard was knocking. To be fair to Stella, Richard had knocked on her door numerous times begging her to let him in. He had gone back to his room to get dressed for the day when Stella went in and locked the connecting door. "I just want to speak to Chris first." She cries out from the other side of the door.

"It's me nena." Chris calls out. Instantly the door swings open and Stella wants to leap into her brother's arms. "I thought we could talk." he smiles as he walks in the room.

"Do you want to start?" she asks sitting on the couch.

"Yeah." he nods before he takes a few minutes to think about what he wants to say. "I need you to explain everything."

Stella nods before she dives into a deep conversation about how her and Richard started dating. She mentions their accidental sleeping arrangements, her feelings, when Erick caught them kissing, when Joel caught them kissing, Zabdiel's advice. She admits that everyone could see how much they cared for each other and no one wanted to stand in the way. Chris has a stone face the entire time and Stella can't tell if he's angry or just taking it all in. Stella confesses that she's in love with Richard and she wants to be with him but she won't if it's truly what Chris wants. By the time she finishes talking, almost half an hour goes by.

"So?" she asks.

"So what?"

"Do you want me to stop being with him?" Stella is scared of Chris' response and he can tell.

He sighs before he answers, "I need to speak to Richard first."

Stella nods. Stella and Chris spent some time together just being siblings, the way they always do. Watched a few funny YouTube videos, tried to sing their favorite songs and dance along but they were interrupted by a knock at the connecting door.

"Please open the door. I just want to hold you one last time before Chris ends this." Chris can hear the desperation in Richard's voice and he turns to look at Stella's expression. He notices just how hurt she is but he refuses to let this go quickly. He walks over to the door and opens it. Richard's face brightens and quickly fades when he sees Chris. He throws his hands up in defence. "I'm sorry dude. I am. I just want to see my girlfriend."

The words hit Stella in her chest as she watches the interaction unfold.

"Let's talk." Chris wasn't angry. Richard could see he wasn't furious like he was yesterday. Richard nods, Chris enters his room. Richard leans into Stella's room to grab the door so he could close it but it was just an excuse to look at Stella. Their eyes meet and she smiles sadly.

"I love you." he mutters softly but closes the door before he can hear a response. He does it on purpose. He's scared she won't be able to say the words back outloud. Sure she texted them but could she say them?

"Tell me everything." Chris demands sitting on the couch.

He heard everything from Stella already but he wanted to make sure that Richard felt the same way about Stella that she felt about him. She saw in the way Stella spoke that she cared for him. She laughed when she remembered funny memories, she blushed when she spoke about their first kiss and she turned sad when she discussed the events of last night. Chris had to make sure his sister would be protected in all of this.

Richard spoke in the exact way that Stella did. His heart was on his sleeve. Chris could see the passion he felt for Stella as he spoke. Once he had finished the story he looked at Chris in the same way Stella did. Hopeful but scared.

"I want to be with her Chris. I really want to be with her. This band is more important to me than everything in this world except that girl. I'm not saying I'll hurt the band or anything like that. I just want you to know what she means to me."