.01.

Growing up, I had always wanted to be in Ravenclaw when I started at Hogwarts. Both my parents were Slytherin, however, my mum told me that the sorting hat debated between the two houses for herself, and when my brother was sorted into Ravenclaw, I had some hope that I would be too. So, when I was placed into Slytherin, I was disappointed. Nevertheless, as I grew older and 'wiser', as they say, it grew on me.

But, being a Slytherin does have its downsides. I'm not a mean person, but apparently because I have a splash of green on my robes, I instantly am thought of as being cold and unapproachable. So when Professor Longbottom, the Gryffindor head of house, came to me and asked me to tutor one of his students, I jumped at this chance. This might not seem like much, but to me it made me happy. Like, I felt useful. Alas, my excitement was short-lasting when I realised who the student Professor Longbottom had told me about was.

Fred Weasley and I do not get along. It wasn't that I didn't like him, no we used to be very good friends, but ever since that James Potter was suspended because my brother ratted him out to Headmistress McGonogall, he refused to speak to me. Silly, I know, but that's Fred Weasley for you. Kind, loyal to his friends, and a total pain in my ass.

Nonetheless, I was good at both the subjects that Fred needed tutoring in, and it wouldn't hurt to get some extra credit in my classes. So, I told Professor Longbottom that I was willing, and he gave me the details for the first tutoring session.

**

'I can't believe I agreed to this!' I complained to my dorm mates. 'What was I thinking?' 

'What are you talking about, Higgs?' Tami Nott replied, apparently sick of hearing my worries. 'It'll be fine.'

'She's right, you know.' Camila Zabini, another one of the fifth year Slytherin's said. 'I still don't get why you are so worried.'

'Ugh, you guys don't get it. Fred hates me. And it's all Andrew's fault!' 

'I'm sure Fred has forgotten about it, already,' Trinity Chang-Zucker, ever the peacemaker, stated. 'It was two years ago, after all.'

'Trin, he death stared me the other day! And I wasn't even looking in his direction!'

My last dorm mate, Madison Reeves rolled her eyes, and hopped off her bed while saying, 'come on, Malfoy said she would save us a seat at the Ravenclaw table if we were quick so we can be as far away from that dumb shit that you call a brother, Cami.'

'You only don't like him because he used to have a fat crush on you!' she replied, and continued to follow her out the door. 

I went to follow them, but Trinity had pulled me back.

'Honestly, it will be fine. If you need anything, I'm always here to help.'

I smiled, pulling her into a quick hug before we headed down to the breakfast hall. At least I still have today before the session. Oh boy, what had I gotten myself into?

and that's the first chapter. not my best piece of work, but hope you enjoyed. the story will get better i hope. bye xxx