Sweet Bitterness

As bitter as her life can be, there would always be a mixture of sweetness coming up.

Yujin peeks through the window, anticipating to see a figure not too far ahead. As she had expected, there lies Yena walking in a staggering manner.

"Geez, that duckling never listens, " she complains, "At least that part of her didn't change."

She continues to look after the older for a couple of seconds from above. After seeing enough of it, she descends from the bed without bothering to rearrange those pillows she tossed aside. She couldn't afford to observe the older struggling any longer. With that, she rushes her way out, as quickly as she possibly can. Of course, she wouldn't just leave the door unopened just because of the rush.

Catching up with the older isn't that difficult to accomplish. Especially that the latter's current state isn't that great. That's why it would be best to stay by the latter's side every single time. She's completely convinced that everything her fault to this. At the very least, she should help out the latter as she has the chance.

As she almost catches up with the older, her eyes suddenly shift at a figure close to the latter. Upon catching a glimpse of the figure's face, she pauses. Her eyes beam with fright for a brief moment. She freezes right in her spot, unable to move an inch. She couldn't believe what she's currently seeing.

"No way, she's kidding right?"

As much as she wants to prevent the figure's intentions, it's already too late. By no means, she couldn't see any opportunities to stop it. All she could do is watch.

"Unnie I'm sorry"

-❖-

"Speak of the devil, it's Choi Yena"

Yena immediately pauses upon hearing someone calling out her name. She turns to her right to see a familiar person taking a step closer. She seems to be those "ordinary" girls with a dark blonde wavy hair almost leveling her shoulders. Her wispy bangs stand out along with the shape of her head. Her eyes may look typical of any other people but it isn't easy to understand. Her glare looks empty yet an immense series of feeling lurks around.

Yena shifts her gaze to the latter's clothes. She couldn't help but be bothered at how familiar it looks. She blinks and takes a double check. There's no mistake, after all, its the same uniform as her.

The latter didn't bother to move an inch afterward. Instead, there is a little rise in the corner of her mouth. A sinister aura comes fulminating throughout her.

By the looks of it, she's absolute this wouldn't turn out too good. Not when this strange woman would be in the way. Just showing up is pretty suspicious. She assumes seeing each other is some coincidence.

"Oh? Don't tell me you turned speechless the moment you saw my ethereal beauty? Don't worry, I too am stunned with my existence"

She lets out a scoff at the latter, "Visuals my ass. Where exactly?"

"Oh please! I was just fooling around you know? At least play along, " the latter hisses.

"Why would I play along with some idiot like you? Besides, I have no time with some shitheads like you"

"Me? Shithead? Ma'am, you might be wrong about that! I'm the one and only Kim Chaewon"